Straight lines. GPS stops recording. [Líneas rectas. El GPS deja de grabar]

Started by orux, August 07, 2017, 07:09:55 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

pln

Quote from: pln post_id=12828 time=1518091829 user_id=7268
Hello Orux,

First of all, many thanks for your great work!

I have used Oruxmaps for many years, still a pleasure.

I'm trying to get Oruxmaps logging working with Samsung power saving mode activated (in order to log very long tracks, and keep my battery high).

But as soon as I switch off the screen, the GPS recording seems to stop, and I'm facing a straight line to my current position when I switch back on the screen.

My device: Samsung Galaxy S6

- I already disabled power optimization for OruxMaps in Android settings

- I tried the different Oruxmaps GPS mode Fast/Defaut/Power saving: no change...

- I'm using an offline map.

Any idea or settings I can try to adjust?

Hi Orux,

Thanks for your support ;-)

I have just tested the V.7.2.6beta10.

Still not working with Samsung power saving mode and screen off.

Regards

orux

Quote from: pln post_id=12949 time=1519727012 user_id=7268
Quote from: pln post_id=12828 time=1518091829 user_id=7268
Hello Orux,

First of all, many thanks for your great work!

I have used Oruxmaps for many years, still a pleasure.

I'm trying to get Oruxmaps logging working with Samsung power saving mode activated (in order to log very long tracks, and keep my battery high).

But as soon as I switch off the screen, the GPS recording seems to stop, and I'm facing a straight line to my current position when I switch back on the screen.

My device: Samsung Galaxy S6

- I already disabled power optimization for OruxMaps in Android settings

- I tried the different Oruxmaps GPS mode Fast/Defaut/Power saving: no change...

- I'm using an offline map.

Any idea or settings I can try to adjust?

Hi Orux,

Thanks for your support ;-)

I have just tested the V.7.2.6beta10.

Still not working with Samsung power saving mode and screen off.

Regards

Hello!

Sorry, but the app is not compatible with any power saving mode.

In power saving mode, intensive apps are stopped.

orux

chris64

Hi,

As recommended, I have tried oruxmaps 7.2.7 and 7.2.6beta10 but same result.

On Honor6X the recording stops when the screen switches off.

I confirm that runtastic records a perfect trace for hours so probably it doesn't come from a wrong parametrization of the phone.

It's a pity but I have to forget oruxmaps for track recording.

Tell me if I can do something to help you move in the right direction.

Anyway, from time to time, I'll try new versions to check whether things have improved.

Thanks for your work, despite this you offer a great app with interesting functionalities.

Cheers

orux

Quote from: chris64 post_id=12966 time=1520088663 user_id=7319
Hi,

As recommended, I have tried oruxmaps 7.2.7 and 7.2.6beta10 but same result.

On Honor6X the recording stops when the screen switches off.

I confirm that runtastic records a perfect trace for hours so probably it doesn't come from a wrong parametrization of the phone.

It's a pity but I have to forget oruxmaps for track recording.

Tell me if I can do something to help you move in the right direction.

Anyway, from time to time, I'll try new versions to check whether things have improved.

Thanks for your work, despite this you offer a great app with interesting functionalities.

Cheers

Thank you;

It is not an exclusive problem of oruxmaps. Huawei is out of the energy management standards in android for a long. It is necessary to use some tricks, not well known. The usual forms in android seem not to work in Huawei. I have a huawei p8 lite 2017 (firmware b194) that works perfectly. Now I'm going to try with a 7x honor that seems to also give problems.

Huawei has answered me, they say that they will look for a 'fix' for that problem, but they have not given much information ...

ciclolars

Quote from: ciclolars post_id=11994 time=1502948971 user_id=6824
I'm facing a similar problem while recording a track with the screen off using Mapsforge maps. It happens that GPS freeze and no more points are added to the track after more than an hour of successfull recording, V7.1.0 with an Alcatel 6045Y MM (6.0.1). This problem has never happened if the screen is on; but a long time ago while recording a track, the map freezed always in the same location, that problem was solved by performing a clear cache vectorial.

No battery optimization and full permisssions has Oruxmaps, i'll try latest rc version posted http://www.oruxmaps.com/foro/viewtopic.php?f=3&t=4527#p11973">//http://www.oruxmaps.com/foro/viewtopic.php?f=3&t=4527#p11973 and give feedback.

Is there any option to create a log of Oruxmaps without taking place a force close?

I forgot to mention that this problem didn't happen in Android 5.0.2 (LP), so the issue is related to OS version

Currently I own a Xiaomi Mi A1 running Android 8.0.0 (O) and I have no straight lines nor any lost of GPS signal while screen is on/off, so I'm happy to use Oruxmaps as before.

Pumphutt

Hi folks,

Sadly, I have to confirm the problem for Huawei P10 lite with Android 7.0/EMUI 5.1.1.

A friend of mine owns the Huawei P9 lite with Android 7.0, but with EMUI 5.0.1

Problem:

Recording of track stops when the screen turns off in current version 7.2.12. All battery saving features have been disabled.

But: v.7.2.10 works for both of us. As a consquence, we are using the old version again.

What an annoying problem! We really appreciate your work, Orux.

Cheers,

Pumphutt

Pumphutt

I need to add that we it only works with "FUSED LOCATIONS PROVIDER" in 7.2.10 (but not in 7.2.12).

orux

Quote from: Pumphutt post_id=13250 time=1523640950 user_id=7477
I need to add that we it only works with "FUSED LOCATIONS PROVIDER" in 7.2.10 (but not in 7.2.12).

Hello!

It is a problem with huawei firmware; they solve the problem with last updates (for example, in android 8.0 version).

The problem is that I have to disable an important feature to all devices because of the problem with some huawei devices.

To confirm that I know exactly where is the problem, could you test this 7.2.12 version? --> http://www.oruxmaps.com/OruxMaps7.2.12b.apk">http://www.oruxmaps.com/OruxMaps7.2.12b.apk

orux

chironaut

Hello,

I am "that" friend of pumphutt. ;)

It is totally strange, that the "Fused Locations Provider" works in the older .10 and not in the .12 version.

I will give these beta you have linked a try and send you a feedback as soon as I have tested it.

Greetings

chironaut

Many thanks for the really great work you are doing!

chironaut

Hi orux,

many thanks for your quick response and the .12beta apk.

I just tested it for 45 minutes in the background / switched off Display.

It works great. No straight lines.

I think, the change you have done was the right one.

HUAWEI P9lite

Android 7.0

EMUI 5.0.1

Br

Chironaut

Pumphutt

Hi orux,

hey, that's great. I confirm that in version 7.2.12b, tracking works again when the screen is turned off, both for my friend (Huawei P9 lite) and for me (Huawei P10 lite).

Maybe it would be a possibility to add a special checkbox for Huawei users in order to make it work. I don't know what the other important feature that you talked about is, but I didn't miss it yet.

Thank you!

orux

Quote from: Pumphutt post_id=13260 time=1523724778 user_id=7477
Hi orux,

hey, that's great. I confirm that in version 7.2.12b, tracking works again when the screen is turned off, both for my friend (Huawei P9 lite) and for me (Huawei P10 lite).

Maybe it would be a possibility to add a special checkbox for Huawei users in order to make it work. I don't know what the other important feature that you talked about is, but I didn't miss it yet.

Thank you!

Hello;

It is a problem because it is a filter that is included in the manifest (a XML file, a hardcoded filter) that allows the app to offer itself as an app that can open certain types of files (gpx, kmz, ...). When you are using a file browser, and click on a gpx / kmz file, OruxMaps appears as an option to open it.

The bug is solved with last huawei/honor updates.

I can do two different versions of free app, but I think it is not possible with donate version...

orux

orux

Quote from: Pumphutt post_id=13260 time=1523724778 user_id=7477
Hi orux,

Thank you!

Hello;

Could you try with this version?

http://www.oruxmaps.com/OruxMaps7.2.12c.apk">http://www.oruxmaps.com/OruxMaps7.2.12c.apk

I am looking for a common version  for all,

orux

Pumphutt

I'll test 7.2.12c tomorrow and post results here.

Pumphutt

7.2.12c does not work for me, I'll go back to 7.2.12b.