Recent posts

ERRORES/BUGS / Re: Mapbox offline maps: Webse...
Last post by Tronpo - May 23, 2024, 02:59:57 PM
Quote from: Hauke on May 21, 2024, 02:29:16 PM...and some more evidence: I created a mixed mapsource, combining offline (local mbtiles) plus online (Web-URLs with pbf tile services). When I put Oruxmaps into the background, the offline-tiles "die", i.e. they miss in the rendering. The online sources continue to work. So the renderer obviously works, but data delivery through the local web server is not successful.

Since I had no reaction to this bug yet: What is the best way forward? How can I best provide input? How do I know if this bug caught the awareness of the developers? Don't get me wrong: I do not want to put pressure or so, I just would love to hear feedback. It takes as long as it takes of course!
Hello, maybe the problem is not Oruxmaps or yours, I explained some time ago I was looking for information on how to create my offline mapbox, in the documentation I found
https://docs.mapbox.com/help/troubleshooting/mobile-offline/

The mapbox SDK offers the direct download of tiles from your online maps, to work in cache.
This is offered directly by Oruxmaps Gp
What I'm saying is that I think the mapbox sdk isn't developed to use the "homemade" maps you're developing.
At least the most modern versions of the mapbox sdk.
The Spain maps app uses an older sdk than Oruxmaps Gp, this version of the sdk does not have a 3D viewer but the offline maps of the IGN work better (not perfectly) with this sdk, than with the Oruxmaps Gp sdk
The potential of the mapbox sdk is in the online maps today, and in making it easier to download to use As a cac memory
Strava, fatmap, uses the same sdk as Oruxmaps Gp offering the
But in Oruxmaps we are offered the possibility to use our maps.

I add: try using lighter weight maps.
About the developers of Oruxmaps........ It's only one, surprising isn't it?

MAPAS/MAPS / Re: Mapbox format offline maps
Last post by afgb1977 - May 23, 2024, 05:49:26 AM
You must include the lines of code that point to the 3d resource.
mapbox-terrain-dem
GENERAL / How to create an account with...
Last post by ventoux - May 22, 2024, 09:07:48 AM
Hello,
I have an account with Sicami but I can't connect to it from Oruxmaps.
My Sicami account email is not a Google account email.
To connect to Sicami from Oruxmaps, you need a Google account.
Is there another way to connect to Sicami from Oruxmaps without using a Google account ?
ERRORES/BUGS / Re: Mapbox offline maps: Webse...
Last post by Hauke - May 21, 2024, 02:29:16 PM
...and some more evidence: I created a mixed mapsource, combining offline (local mbtiles) plus online (Web-URLs with pbf tile services). When I put Oruxmaps into the background, the offline-tiles "die", i.e. they miss in the rendering. The online sources continue to work. So the renderer obviously works, but data delivery through the local web server is not successful.

Since I had no reaction to this bug yet: What is the best way forward? How can I best provide input? How do I know if this bug caught the awareness of the developers? Don't get me wrong: I do not want to put pressure or so, I just would love to hear feedback. It takes as long as it takes of course!
GENERAL / Re: Waypoint - Loading on Trac...
Last post by Tronpo - May 21, 2024, 05:24:02 AM
Hello, that option has been around for a long time, I think you're simply not clicking right on the waypoint, you hit the track and that's why the segment menu jumps.
It works well for me, try sharpening your aim on the waypoint. Best regards
GENERAL / Re: Waypoint - Loading on Trac...
Last post by NorbertK - May 20, 2024, 07:44:39 PM
Since some time (update?) I can select more then 1 WP and "add them to active route".
WP are there, but I couldn't "open them for more info's"? I've added some comments to the WP which I would like to see. But "pressing WP" shows "segment 1" from the route.
Looks like a bug,?
Last post by Hauke - May 20, 2024, 06:41:42 PM
My offline maps "work" in 3D in the sense that I can use them in the Oruxmaps 3D view mode, but I did not include any elevation information, so it is not real 3D. I'm not sure if I'll go down that route - my usecases are limited, and I guess it eats memory again. But I may change my mind :-)
ERRORES/BUGS / Re: La herramienta crear a man...
Last post by Tronpo - May 20, 2024, 06:30:43 PM
Hello, it is indeed no longer in the menus because it is included in the planner, with the action of creating straight lines
Best regards
Last post by Tronpo - May 20, 2024, 02:44:22 PM
I've only been able to work with the json styles online, I don't have a computer so my resources are limited. Android + browser + text editor and above all a lot of curiosity.
But maybe knowing that I can user mbtiles raster I'll ask you more questions soon, when I finish my rendertheme mapsforge project.
Regarding the style zoom levels and their correspondence in Oruxmaps, it has always been like this, I don't know if it's because of the mapbox sdk but, the zoom levels are one less in 2D but they coincide in 3D
Your offline maps Work  in 3D?

Best regards!!
Last post by Hauke - May 20, 2024, 12:31:34 PM
Thanks for the congrats :-) I owe part of my success to Tronpo - thanks again for providing your ES-maps!

@afgb1977 & Tronpo: Did you do something similar yourself? If so: Which tools did you use? Especially sprite creation is still not as good as I'd like it to be - happy for any hints here! What I am also not done with is a bit of workflow automation, like e.g. marking a region in MOBAC or GQIS and having the whole map creation done per script - do you have anything in place already?

How about the bug I have with the offline tile server dying - can you reproduce it? For me it is absolutely reproducible - it happens really every time Oruxmaps is sent to the background.

Regarding your question, Tronpo: For Germany I'm 100% vector mbtiles, as soon as Czech republic comes in, I have three vector mbtiles (basmap.de, contour lines and OSM data), and one raster mbtiles (Czech Geoportal map).

Battery use: I was positively surpised by only 10% plus. I was afraid that it would be much more. I guess it is partly because the rendered tiles are somehow cached.

I have two more issues:
  • Zoom levels as displayed in Oruxmaps do not match Zoom-levels as per style file/Mapbox spec. Why is that so?
  • When I have a line with a pattern of sprites along, or a area with a texture pattern, when I zoom in deep, the patterns sometime become distorted, as if the scaling fails. Strange enough, I can have the same pattern side by side in the map, one OK, one distorted. Any idea what may go wrong here?