Error writing database Track/Routes and POIs

Started by docinfo, May 26, 2017, 01:02:54 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

docinfo

Hello,

When I'm starting to record a track, I get the error "Erreur de l'enregistrement de la trace dans la base de données!" (Error on savind track in database) and the track dit not  start.

I have also a problem when I record a POI, it appears on the map but if I try to rename it, it doesn't work and when I'm starting the application again, the POI is inexistant.

I think I have a problem for accessing the database, but why and how can I go further ?

On a Asus Z00AD with Androïd 6.0.1 and OruxMapx 7.0.12 install on the SD Card.

Best regards.

Dominique

orux

Quote from: "docinfo"Hello,

When I'm starting to record a track, I get the error "Erreur de l'enregistrement de la trace dans la base de données!" (Error on savind track in database) and the track dit not  start.

I have also a problem when I record a POI, it appears on the map but if I try to rename it, it doesn't work and when I'm starting the application again, the POI is inexistant.

I think I have a problem for accessing the database, but why and how can I go further ?

On a Asus Z00AD with Androïd 6.0.1 and OruxMapx 7.0.12 install on the SD Card.

Best regards.

Dominique

Strange,

check if the app can write the internal storage.

Android settings-->Applications-->OruxMaps-->Permissions

orux

docinfo

Hi,

I already have made such tests :it works. I have try to change the directories of the Traces and others (maps, elevation, ...) but no way !

I can create folders from oruxmaps (so writing is ok) but the error is already present.

I don't think it was a problem with the files but with the database witch may be corrupted !

Finally, I get my Phone back to original settings, loosing all my datas and configuration, and reinstall all the applications. After that, it works again like at the beginning when I fist install oruxmap on my phone !

If you have other ideas, or informations, about how the database is use, it could be useful because reseting a device is very uncomfortable for resolving this issue...

Best regards.

Dominique, Information System engineer in a SIG compagny.

orux

Quote from: "docinfo"Hi,

I already have made such tests :it works. I have try to change the directories of the Traces and others (maps, elevation, ...) but no way !

I can create folders from oruxmaps (so writing is ok) but the error is already present.

I don't think it was a problem with the files but with the database witch may be corrupted !

Finally, I get my Phone back to original settings, loosing all my datas and configuration, and reinstall all the applications. After that, it works again like at the beginning when I fist install oruxmap on my phone !

If you have other ideas, or informations, about how the database is use, it could be useful because reseting a device is very uncomfortable for resolving this issue...

Best regards.

Dominique, Information System engineer in a SIG compagny.

Hi,

the sqlite datadases are managed by android, not the apps; they may be corrupted, but it is not usual. Because of that, the app does a backup (two differente backups) each week.

you can find the databases backups in oruxmaps/tracklogs/ folder,

orux

jthuemmler

Hi,

some weeks ago I run into the same old thing: sqlite db error when saving a track.

I tried the usual things: delete old db file, renamed backup ... no change - copied my OM directories, deleted the app and installed for new ... no change, tried to copy elder backups in ... no change...

Then I had the idea to look into the system directories, whether OM has data here and alas ... there is a /Android/data/com.orux.oruxmapsDonate with 2 subdirs and some files in them. I deleted all files - not the directory and the subdirs! - started OM again and no sql error any more! Don't understand at least, why, as the files were named something with "cache" (which I emptied as a first try) and a few of them were just empty, size 0... but now it runs and I can add saved gpx tracks and can do track logging, delete tracks... as it should...

just my 2 ct