A quick track preview

Started by dsvilko, January 16, 2014, 12:08:19 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

dsvilko

I find that it's quite hard to find a specific track in a large list of tracks (if you are not diligent in naming your tracks). What could be useful is a simple and quick way to preview a track from a track manager. You could add a preview button that would temporarily load and show the track on the map. In this 'preview' mode, below the map should be a toolbar that would allow you to easily skip to the previous/next track in the list, delete the current track, rename the current track, load the current track as track/route or cancel to the track manager with the current track selected.

A much simpler (but not that convenient) 'fix' would be for the track manager to remember the 'position' in the list. That way when I load a tract from a large list of tracks and then decide to delete/rename this track, I will have a simple way of again locating that track in the track manager. Deleting the currently loaded track should also be possible (automatic removal of the track).

Currently, cleaning up your large list of tracks is extremely inconvenient. You have to remember where in the list you are currently at and when you do find a track to delete you first have to remove it and then find it again.