Track/trail/route names?

Started by Grimm, March 19, 2014, 06:59:34 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Grimm

Recently came across this amazing app called Oruxmaps and have been using it for the last couple of months.  I must remember to donate soon.  I have been using a Nexus tablet mounted to my snowmobile and have installed a large gpx file (>50meg) which comprises of the snowmobile trails in my general area.  All the trails in the gpx file have been labelled to correspond with the Snowmobile Club trail numbers.

Is there a way to display a trail name on the map?  I can't seem to find such an option.  Perhaps either beside the actual trail line or maybe a banner at the top or bottom of the screen?  If it's not programmed into this app, it certainly would be a great addition I'd think.

Anyone out there know if this is possible?

orux

Quote from: "Grimm"Recently came across this amazing app called Oruxmaps and have been using it for the last couple of months.  I must remember to donate soon.  I have been using a Nexus tablet mounted to my snowmobile and have installed a large gpx file (>50meg) which comprises of the snowmobile trails in my general area.  All the trails in the gpx file have been labelled to correspond with the Snowmobile Club trail numbers.

Is there a way to display a trail name on the map?  I can't seem to find such an option.  Perhaps either beside the actual trail line or maybe a banner at the top or bottom of the screen?  If it's not programmed into this app, it certainly would be a great addition I'd think.

Anyone out there know if this is possible?

Hi, thanks;

when you load a route in the map, a wpt is added to the first point of the route, with the name of the route.
[attachment=0]device-2014-03-20-193901.png[/attachment]