Please add the "search" option to the menu button

Started by febs, February 08, 2014, 10:59:40 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

febs

Hello,

I have now a phone with a "phisical" menu button and no "search" button.

Believe it or not, I can't find the "search" button so to geocode any locality and searching for places by panning and zooming is quite often a big pain guess where, especially if I'm searching for small villages.

Can you please fix this by adding the option? Or, is it there already and I am such a dumbass not to be able to find it?  :lol:

Whatever is the case, thank you very much!

orux

Quote from: "febs"Hello,

I have now a phone with a "phisical" menu button and no "search" button.

Believe it or not, I can't find the "search" button so to geocode any locality and searching for places by panning and zooming is quite often a big pain guess where, especially if I'm searching for small villages.

Can you please fix this by adding the option? Or, is it there already and I am such a dumbass not to be able to find it?  :lol:

Whatever is the case, thank you very much!

Hi, febs;

tips:

long press over android menu button should open the search option.

map viewer, wpt button-->geocoding does the same search.

orux

febs

Thank you very much Orux,

I know that in most common Android phones long-press of the menu button means "search", but unfortunately on mine it does not! So I really missed the search function, thanks to you I finally discovered where it is.

Usability tip, then: perhaps you could consider to move it away from the "waypoint" section. I didn't totally thought about searching for it there.

Finally I can search for locations without resorting to google maps! :)