External bluetooth GPS bug?

Started by ralfhesse, April 24, 2014, 09:58:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

ralfhesse

I have previously used OruxMaps on both a LG350 phone and an Acer Iconia tablet, always with en external GPS (iblue 747) connected by bluetooth. A few weeks ago I noticed that bluetooth connection now was very unreliable or impossible to establish. Because this happened with both devices (phone and tablet) I thought that the GPS was broken and got a new one (Royaltek). But the current version of Oruxmaps does not connect with the new GPS at all (unable to establish bluetooth connection). It's the same on the phone and the tablet. Is this a bug in Oruxmaps?

orux

Quote from: "ralfhesse"I have previously used OruxMaps on both a LG350 phone and an Acer Iconia tablet, always with en external GPS (iblue 747) connected by bluetooth. A few weeks ago I noticed that bluetooth connection now was very unreliable or impossible to establish. Because this happened with both devices (phone and tablet) I thought that the GPS was broken and got a new one (Royaltek). But the current version of Oruxmaps does not connect with the new GPS at all (unable to establish bluetooth connection). It's the same on the phone and the tablet. Is this a bug in Oruxmaps?

Hi, I don't know.

But you can use your external gps with oruxmaps using some applications that convert your external gps in the internal gps for the applications.

like bluetooth gps provider,

orux

ralfhesse

Thanks. Yes, I have then tried Bluetooth GPS and it works with the device and correctly transmits the positions to Oruxmaps. Still, it would be nice if Oruxmaps could communicate directly with the GPS without needing an additional app.