Error geocoding! Again :)

Started by febs, November 09, 2013, 10:55:43 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

febs

This one is really haunting me :)

It was solved, then now, again, I cannot geocode anymore. It does not matter if on (good) wi-fi or 3G, I can't find even super simple queries as "Madrid".

Perhaps a more detailed string than "error geocoding!" could help to debug what is the cause of this?

Thanks so much!

orux

Quote from: "febs"This one is really haunting me :)

It was solved, then now, again, I cannot geocode anymore. It does not matter if on (good) wi-fi or 3G, I can't find even super simple queries as "Madrid".

Perhaps a more detailed string than "error geocoding!" could help to debug what is the cause of this?

Thanks so much!

Hi;

google geocoding has a bug that requires a phone restart to recover.

OM can not give mor info about the error, because android does not gives more info.

orux

febs

Good to know, thanks.

Suggestion: maybe you should put a notice like "because of a google bug a restart  could be required for geocoding to work".

I can geocoding from within google maps anyways... It must be a different api.

Thanks

orux

Quote from: "febs"Good to know, thanks.

Suggestion: maybe you should put a notice like "because of a google bug a restart  could be required for geocoding to work".

I can geocoding from within google maps anyways... It must be a different api.

Thanks

Sure they use a different api, they are the owners and have all the control :)

This problem only happens in some android versions, most of the errors should be a different cause, I do not want users to restart their phone to try again,...

orux

febs

Will it ever be possible to geocode using an offline source of names?

Sent from my RunboX5-W using Tapatalk

COLLET

excusa : no me he presentado : Yo soy nuevo miembro del foro .

Tengo un Htc Android one S despues del HTC explorer , y estoy en Lyone francia

febs

Bump. What about an osm offline search for localities? Would be technically hard to implement, or the size of the database too big? Thanks!