Measure distance along a route is bugged

Started by WW.2, August 15, 2018, 02:32:38 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

WW.2

Ive noticed this several times.  In oreo.

The points flags will stop showing or sometimes will appear in random places on the map.  At first it works but after several times minimising and open and close the app it bugs out and the selection flags do not appear anymore.  I had a situation recently where I couldnt select the distance between two points on the screen.  It was a concerning situation as I had a slow hiker with me and I needed to know how much further we had to walk.  I had to estimate which was sort of ok but was difficult with many turns in the trail.

Sometimes both selction flags will not appear but a distance will still be shown. Other times only one flag appears. Other times a flag appears on a different part of the map

Please fix.

orux

Quote from: WW.2 post_id=14043 time=1534293158 user_id=7874
Ive noticed this several times.  In oreo.

The points flags will stop showing or sometimes will appear in random places on the map.  At first it works but after several times minimising and open and close the app it bugs out and the selection flags do not appear anymore.  I had a situation recently where I couldnt select the distance between two points on the screen.  It was a concerning situation as I had a slow hiker with me and I needed to know how much further we had to walk.  I had to estimate which was sort of ok but was difficult with many turns in the trail.

Sometimes both selction flags will not appear but a distance will still be shown. Other times only one flag appears. Other times a flag appears on a different part of the map

Please fix.

You are right, there is a bug.

Meanwhile a fix, you can minimize the problem if you do not rotate the map (1:1 zoom button).

orux

Matthias

I'm using the actual OruxMaps Version (7.4.14) with a Samsung Galaxy S7

Route menu > Measures distances

Measuring the distance along the route still does not work!

Do I have to wait for a new version, or is there a solution?

That had already been discussed for Version 7.3.4

juvan

It's very old problem, see also this topic :

https://www.oruxmaps.com/foro/viewtopic.php?f=5&t=5077">//https://www.oruxmaps.com/foro/viewtopic.php?f=5&t=5077

I would like this bug resolved too, but it seems difficult to find a solution, it's a pity because I use it a lot.

Making long distance walking it's important for me to know how many kilometers there are

to the next village (for food or drink) or to the end of my trip.

A workaround I have found is to clear data ( in Android settings > App > Orux) and reload my profile.

Alas, after some time the bug reappears....

Matthias

After update to the actual OruxMaps Version (7.4.16) with a Samsung Galaxy S7

Route menu > Measures distances

Is this an isolated case or are other users affected as well?

Matthias

After update to the actual OruxMaps Version (7.4.20) with a Samsung Galaxy S7

Matthias

After update OruxMaps Version (7.4.22) measure distance along a route works!