OM stops recording a track

Started by jonny-blue, July 26, 2014, 03:31:55 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

jonny-blue

Hi Orux,

it seems as if there is a problem while recording a track ...

Yesterday I started recording by using the widget ... after approximately an hour the recording was stopped.

When I finished the tour the widget looked as if it still was recording but it couldn't be stopped (change from white to red button).

When I called the main app I couldn't see "any" recorded track.

Fortunately I found it under the automaticly stored tracks.

Today I startet also with the widget, but entered at once the main app to see if the recording starts. I could see the route line ... so I left the main app. After 15 minutes I saw the same behaviour as the day before ...  :shock:

A (maybe) frozen widget, no route in OM ...

I then started recording with the main app ... and all works well for 5 hours (when the track was finished  8-) )

Could there be a problem with the widget ... or could there be a generally problem?

orux

Quote from: "jonny-blue"Hi Orux,

it seems as if there is a problem while recording a track ...

Yesterday I started recording by using the widget ... after approximately an hour the recording was stopped.

When I finished the tour the widget looked as if it still was recording but it couldn't be stopped (change from white to red button).

When I called the main app I couldn't see "any" recorded track.

Fortunately I found it under the automaticly stored tracks.

Today I startet also with the widget, but entered at once the main app to see if the recording starts. I could see the route line ... so I left the main app. After 15 minutes I saw the same behaviour as the day before ...  :shock:

A (maybe) frozen widget, no route in OM ...

I then started recording with the main app ... and all works well for 5 hours (when the track was finished  8-) )

Could there be a problem with the widget ... or could there be a generally problem?

Hi,

There is a bug with last beta, if you start recording a track from the widget; the gps position is not displayed, but the track recording should work fine. Rotate the display and the gps position cursor should be displayed again.

Note that, if you have both the beta and the google play version, the widget should start recording both versions,

orux

jonny-blue

Hi Orux,
Quoteif you have both the beta and the google play version, the widget should start recording both versions

I have only the latest beta version (.9) installed ...

Today I've started my track recording within the main app ... and even that stopped after 1:15 h ...  :shock:

https://imagizer.imageshack.us/v2/92xq85/r/538/99J6cP.png">

When I started OM I just could see the above screen ... no active record, no "old" route (like normaly)

Even my loaded waypoints weren't present ... it was just a blank map without track or route or waypoint.

The widget state seems to set to recording ... but I couldn't use the stop button. Just like frozen ...  :?

https://imagizer.imageshack.us/v2/92xq85/r/673/DsNugy.png">

Maybe it's a (new) problem with memory and background processes?

Just some minutes before OM stopped recording I was caching with my caching app (and OM in background).

I think I go back to beta .08 to check if there exists the same problem to see wether it's a problem of OM or my phone.

PS: Now at home I also just see the "routeless" screen when starting OM. Normaly "old" tracks/waypoints are shown. But with beta .09 not any more.