Problem with map-load function

Started by Uaconli, August 15, 2014, 07:00:18 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Uaconli

First of all I want to thanks for this application, I use it every time I go to my mountains .... my Compliments to the developer!

Till last week I used a LG L9 smart phone, now I installed the last donate version on my new ASUS FONEPAD 6" (I've bought this unit in order to have more resolution and dimension for the maps) and I've found a problem that was not present before: when I load a new offline map, for some maps, the sw loads a different map (placed in a different folder) .... fortunately I've found that using the Map-Index function I am able to load the map I want ... some more infos:

1) the maps are on sd memory, the same sd works ok on LG L9

2) the maps are stored in 4 folders placed in one root folder

3) I tried to clean the application and start from the original configuration ... do not change

4) I copied the maps in the default folder ... do not change

4) If I remove 2 folders it seems working ok .. (from a total of 32 maps I've cut +/-  the half)

5) I've installed the last beta version with the same results (but the Map-Index function do not work!! it opens a configuration page, so I can't use this version)

Thank-you

regards from north-east Italy

Luciano

orux

Quote from: "Uaconli"First of all I want to thanks for this application, I use it every time I go to my mountains .... my Compliments to the developer!

Till last week I used a LG L9 smart phone, now I installed the last donate version on my new ASUS FONEPAD 6" (I've bought this unit in order to have more resolution and dimension for the maps) and I've found a problem that was not present before: when I load a new offline map, for some maps, the sw loads a different map (placed in a different folder) .... fortunately I've found that using the Map-Index function I am able to load the map I want ... some more infos:

1) the maps are on sd memory, the same sd works ok on LG L9

2) the maps are stored in 4 folders placed in one root folder

3) I tried to clean the application and start from the original configuration ... do not change

4) I copied the maps in the default folder ... do not change

4) If I remove 2 folders it seems working ok .. (from a total of 32 maps I've cut +/-  the half)

5) I've installed the last beta version with the same results (but the Map-Index function do not work!! it opens a configuration page, so I can't use this version)

Thank-you

regards from north-east Italy

Luciano

Hi,

sorry, but I do not know where is the problem, but:

->try with last beta, solved problem with map index.

->you don't need to remove maps from maps folder, you can disable folders, to check if the work fine with a long press over the folder.

check that the maps have different names.

orux

Uaconli

Hi,

thank you for the answer, I have installed the last beta and the map index works fine. The map loader still has the previous behaviour, the curios thing is that if I disable the folder where the wrong map was loaded, the map load function loads another map (that in my trials is placed in the same folder where the map I want to load stays) .... by sure, filenames have different names ...  I think the +/- half problem is in my Asus Android device because if it take the micro-sd out of the Asus and I put in my old LG everything is ok  ... yesterday I tracked my 10 hours trip and everything works fine: Orux change the map correctly, map-index works fine .. the only strange point is in the map load function, but I can easily work around this function.

Thanks

Luciano