Custom waypoint icons - please help

Started by rmb3223, February 11, 2016, 11:41:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

rmb3223

I have a GPX track with a route connecting waypoints but also with a waypoints marking services (campgrounds, eateries etc.) nearby to the route.

Opening the gpx file in a text editor it seems that the waypoints that make up the route are simply designated 'waypoint' in the line of code...

<sym>Waypoint</sym>

... but that the services waypoints are designated...

<sym>Lodging</sym>

<sym>Campground</sym>

<sym>Convenience Store</sym>

etc.

When I open the file with a website like GPS Visualizer these services waypoints show up with appropriate icons. When I open it with Orux Maps all the waypoints look the same.

To give them the appropriate icons I tried putting a .png image named 'campground' in the 'customwpts' folder and added the line 'campground' in the customwpts.txt.

This didn't work, however. What am I doing wrong?

orux

Quote from: "rmb3223"I have a GPX track with a route connecting waypoints but also with a waypoints marking services (campgrounds, eateries etc.) nearby to the route.

Opening the gpx file in a text editor it seems that the waypoints that make up the route are simply designated 'waypoint' in the line of code...

<sym>Waypoint</sym>

... but that the services waypoints are designated...

<sym>Lodging</sym>

<sym>Campground</sym>

<sym>Convenience Store</sym>

etc.

When I open the file with a website like GPS Visualizer these services waypoints show up with appropriate icons. When I open it with Orux Maps all the waypoints look the same.

To give them the appropriate icons I tried putting a .png image named 'campground' in the 'customwpts' folder and added the line 'campground' in the customwpts.txt.

This didn't work, however. What am I doing wrong?

Hi,

Sorry,

I'm afraid that there is no standard on the possible values in the <sym>

OruxMaps does not use this field. Personalized wpts of oruxmaps work otherwise.

orux