(5.5.22 donate) AutoRotation setting

Started by skelliam, September 22, 2014, 02:01:27 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

skelliam

I use Oruxmaps with an old phone, I believe Android 2.3.6.

I use the device mounted in a RAM mount on my quad bike.

The device is used in landscape mode and because of vibration I disable AutoRotation.  

I noticed an issue on my last trip where Oruxmaps will revert to portrait mode of the power button is pressed.  This sometimes happens if the phone is shaken in the mount and the power button is accidentally pressed.

I think the issue is that the lockscreen and the home screen are forced in portrait mode, so when Oruxmaps starts, it also gets locked into portrait mode.

The only way out of this situation is to once again enable Autorotate, then when in landscape mode, disable Autorotate again.

* Can you change the Autorotate option to "force landscape" or "force portrait" mode?  

* Additionally, and probably not possible, can you add an option to disable the power button when logging is active?

Thanks for this 5 star app.  I use an old Android phone ONLY as a GPS with this app!

orux

Quote from: "skelliam"I use Oruxmaps with an old phone, I believe Android 2.3.6.

I use the device mounted in a RAM mount on my quad bike.

The device is used in landscape mode and because of vibration I disable AutoRotation.  

I noticed an issue on my last trip where Oruxmaps will revert to portrait mode of the power button is pressed.  This sometimes happens if the phone is shaken in the mount and the power button is accidentally pressed.

I think the issue is that the lockscreen and the home screen are forced in portrait mode, so when Oruxmaps starts, it also gets locked into portrait mode.

The only way out of this situation is to once again enable Autorotate, then when in landscape mode, disable Autorotate again.

* Can you change the Autorotate option to "force landscape" or "force portrait" mode?  

* Additionally, and probably not possible, can you add an option to disable the power button when logging is active?

Thanks for this 5 star app.  I use an old Android phone ONLY as a GPS with this app!

Hi,  thanks;

you can disable autorotation with sensor in settings--application.

I think it is not recommended to disable power button when logging,

orux