can't remove waypoint(s) from map [solved]

Started by BpACKer, October 30, 2014, 06:07:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

BpACKer

First off, I love this app and have been using it on and off for several years (going thru many UI changes). The latest UI is really nice and it's def easier to use than when I first started. (I used to have an account with same name on the forums here but it didn't remember me—were the forums re-set or something?)

So here's my problem: I manually created a waypoint by clicking on the map where I wanted it (with GPS and GPS tracking off). I don't know how to remove it except by deleting it from the DB (I did this to a 2nd one I wasn't worried about). I even selected it in the manager and clicked the "view on map" button, hoping that because it was already on the map it would do the opposite—clear it.

I've since done some gps tracking which I successfully cleared from the map once I was done, but this waypoint is still there. Scratch that, I zoomed way out and found lots of waypoints for which I used "view on map" that are still there. How do I clear them from the map?!?

TIA

orux

Quote from: "BpACKer"First off, I love this app and have been using it on and off for several years (going thru many UI changes). The latest UI is really nice and it's def easier to use than when I first started. (I used to have an account with same name on the forums here but it didn't remember me—were the forums re-set or something?)

So here's my problem: I manually created a waypoint by clicking on the map where I wanted it (with GPS and GPS tracking off). I don't know how to remove it except by deleting it from the DB (I did this to a 2nd one I wasn't worried about). I even selected it in the manager and clicked the "view on map" button, hoping that because it was already on the map it would do the opposite—clear it.

I've since done some gps tracking which I successfully cleared from the map once I was done, but this waypoint is still there. Scratch that, I zoomed way out and found lots of waypoints for which I used "view on map" that are still there. How do I clear them from the map?!?

TIA

Hi,

there are three places where the wpts can be placed/removed:

-->current track: tracks button-->Remove

-->a loaded route: routes button-->Remove

-->a KML overlay: maps button-->Remove kml overlay

after you remove all of these items, it is impossible to see wpts in the map, unless the wpt is painted in the map ;)

orux

BpACKer

Thanks, wouldn't expect removing waypoints to be under routes, but it worked.