active internet connection required to start Oruxmaps

Started by ut, June 12, 2024, 11:22:58 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

ut

I set up automatic back-ups on Google Drive which obviously requires internet connection, but I found that if not present it does not let the application start.

Sometimes it happens to start Oruxmaps in mountainous areas with no connection, so it would be perhaps better if the app would still start and then, obviously, not back-up to G-drive.

Tronpo

Hello, I don't quite understand...
I have the backup activated in drive, and I can start Oruxmaps GP offline, as always.
Is that what you are talking about?
Best regards

ut

thank you for your interest Trompo, maybe I'm doing something simple wrong...
I am logged to G-drive as shown below to perform automatic backups.
If I start OruxmapsGP offline I get this screen error and Orux doesn't start. If I go back on line, it starts.

Tronpo

Well, it's something very strange, what version of Oruxmaps GP is
The vast majority of us use the app offline, even without SIM cards, what happens to you goes against the natural idea of Oruxmaps... Let's see what our developer says.

ut

Sorry, it was my Samsung's fault: clearing Google Play cache solved the problem! ;D

Tronpo

Quote from: ut on Today at 02:15:43 PMSorry, it was my Samsung's fault: clearing Google Play cache solved the problem! ;D

Sansung.... It gives more than one little problem, they are very much their own... I know it for exo.