All my waypoints/tracks/database getting deleted! Help!

Started by specfink, October 27, 2019, 07:57:01 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

specfink

Hello Orux team,

I love your app and have been using it for hiking since 2013. I recently changed my phone to Samsung M30s (Android 9) and copied my entire Tracklogs databases folder as it is after installing the app (Oruxmaps 6.5.10) - have done this several times whenever I changed my phone - but, this time, something unusual is happening. Everyday my Tracklogs folder's contents are getting deleted (lots of kml/gpx files) and over-written with a new db file which has no tracks/waypoints which is totally brand new. I don't know what to do and I'm very stressed. Please help! I can't keep copying my old folder everyday. Luckily, I haven't been outdoors yet, but have to be soon and I want to be using my old Oruxmaps as I was always used to. Can someone tell me what to do? I have no cleaner apps on my phone but have Samsung's Storage Booster app but I doubt that can change the contents of the Tracklogs folder. Any help received will be greatly appreciated.

Best,

Pooh

specfink

Hello everyone!

I finally found the fix! It was indeed the Samsung's in-house "Storage Booster" app and I needed to uncheck "Auto optimise phone" and uncheck "Auto delete unnecessary data" - the latter including auto deleting log files, cache files (and probably deleting all the kml/gpx and orux db files - which are my most prized possessions!). And since it was a new phone, it had these two options checked and this auto deleting process was scheduled overnight when the phone was not in use. Thanks to one late night when I was up on my phone and caught this process happening while I was doing something else. Gosh, took me several days to finally figure it out but I am so glad it all worked out. It never happened with my old phone, and I hope it helps others in case they face the same problem in the future.

Happy hiking/birding/tracking/biking! Happy Orux-ing! Love to OruxMaps!!

Cheers!

Pu

orux

Quote from: specfink post_id=39301 time=1572769705 user_id=3994
Hello everyone!

I finally found the fix! It was indeed the Samsung's in-house "Storage Booster" app and I needed to uncheck "Auto optimise phone" and uncheck "Auto delete unnecessary data" - the latter including auto deleting log files, cache files (and probably deleting all the kml/gpx and orux db files - which are my most prized possessions!). And since it was a new phone, it had these two options checked and this auto deleting process was scheduled overnight when the phone was not in use. Thanks to one late night when I was up on my phone and caught this process happening while I was doing something else. Gosh, took me several days to finally figure it out but I am so glad it all worked out. It never happened with my old phone, and I hope it helps others in case they face the same problem in the future.

Happy hiking/birding/tracking/biking! Happy Orux-ing! Love to OruxMaps!!

Cheers!

Pu

Thanks for your feedback.

It is a common problem; people blame the app, but in reality, the problem is different apps (clean master, ...), and now they own manufacturers include them by default !!!!!!

They are driving me crazy.

It has an easy solution, move all folders to the particular storage of the app. But this creates other problems: users could not access, and when the app is uninstalled, all that data is deleted.

orux