random recording pause

Started by ruirpr, June 16, 2015, 07:46:58 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

ruirpr

Hi..

i started to have a strange behaviour. After starting the recording, sometimes, OM records only to a certain point, then stops, then records another point later, then starts to record normal again. I see that i have gps signal with accuracy better than 10 meters. I have to test with other app to check if the problem is from OM or my phone.

You can clearly see the problem in the image bellow. There are straight lines between some points. Any ideias about the problem?

http://s163.photobucket.com/user/usaralho/media/OM_SCREENSHOT_zpshepfmuhu.jpg.html">

Using 6.0.9 donate version.

orux

Quote from: "ruirpr"Hi..

i started to have a strange behaviour. After starting the recording, sometimes, OM records only to a certain point, then stops, then records another point later, then starts to record normal again. I see that i have gps signal with accuracy better than 10 meters. I have to test with other app to check if the problem is from OM or my phone.

You can clearly see the problem in the image bellow. There are straight lines between some points. Any ideias about the problem?

Using 6.0.9 donate version.

Hi;

Change your settings in

sensors--gps:

minimum time --> set to 0 sec. The gps will be always on.

accuracy for position fix-->50 or 100 mts.

tracks/routes:

Auto save--> set to 0 sec.

May be the accuracy is not good, and the app doesn't record the points. Or the app is killed frecuently by android, and some points are lost.

orux

ruirpr

So, the problem may not be from OM.

Yesterday i tryied to use MyTracks and got similar problems. Somehow i got suspicious about GPS Status and uninstalled it. Guess what.. problems gone in OM. I still have to do more testing but probably its something between OM and GPS Status.

ruirpr

UPDATE: problem was not from GPS Status. Next suspect in line, Strava app.

Will keep you informed.

ruirpr

Guess what... without the Strava app everything works as it should. Made a 200km ride and zero problems. Minimum time should be set to 0, otherwise recording may be inacurate. Instaled GPS Status and everything works. So the problem was the stupid and useless Strava app.