Problem with ANT+ Cadence sensor

Started by kevdd, February 05, 2014, 09:58:34 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

kevdd

Last time it worked fine, but since yesterday i have a problem with my VDO ANT+ cadence sensor. I've set the correct ID. Also the IP Bike Sensor man ip works good with the right cadence. But OM not anymore. :/ OM has found the sensor. But the cadence is 0 or sometimes short completly wrong, f.e. 2817271.

I've installed OM new. Stopped, started ANT. Tested a new OM profile. No chance. The sensor is working, like i can see in the IP Bike man app.

Any ideas out there? :( :/

Kevin

kevdd

No one any idea? I've bought a new sensor. The same problem. In IP Sensor Man and other apps is all fine. But Orux doesn't work. :/ I've also installed the app new. No change. :(

fabrylama

Quote from: "kevdd"No one any idea? I've bought a new sensor. The same problem. In IP Sensor Man and other apps is all fine. But Orux doesn't work. :/ I've also installed the app new. No change. :(

Did you set the ID in the cadence field or in the cadence+speed field?

Be sure to properly close ipsensorman before starting oruxmaps.

kevdd

I've tried both. "cadence" and "speed/cadence". The Garmin GSC10 works in "speed/cadence" correct. But the VDO cadence sensor in the "cadence" field not. The Garmin is deleted (0), i don't want to use both together. I'll use the VDO sensor, because this works also with my Z3 bike computer. IPsensorman is correct closed and the old service killed. The VDO pulse and speed sensors works fine, only the cadence not. I've ordered a new one, but the same problem with this. :(

orux

Quote from: "kevdd"I've tried both. "cadence" and "speed/cadence". The Garmin GSC10 works in "speed/cadence" correct. But the VDO cadence sensor in the "cadence" field not. The Garmin is deleted (0), i don't want to use both together. I'll use the VDO sensor, because this works also with my Z3 bike computer. IPsensorman is correct closed and the old service killed. The VDO pulse and speed sensors works fine, only the cadence not. I've ordered a new one, but the same problem with this. :(

Hi,

stops working after a OM update? May be from .13 to .16 version?

orux

kevdd

Hi Orux, maybe, yes! The VDO sensor worked first fine with orux. But since ap. 2-3 weeks not anymore. :(

kevdd

Hi Orux! I've tried 5.5.14 and 5.5.7 - no chance. The same problem. I think there is a signal, but with wrong data. Most time cadence = 0, but often there are data block like 58000 or higher in the display.

orux

Quote from: "kevdd"Hi Orux! I've tried 5.5.14 and 5.5.7 - no chance. The same problem. I think there is a signal, but with wrong data. Most time cadence = 0, but often there are data block like 58000 or higher in the display.

strange...

set all the ID,s to zero. restart your phone. try again. I think this sensor should be autodetected. was it autodetected before, or you always have to introduce the ID by hand?

orux

kevdd

Hi Orux! Thanks, i've tried it - but no change. It still doesn't work. In the past i've configured the ANT+ sensors every time with the ID, not automatic. VDO speed works, VDO HR works, Garmin GSC10 speed/cadence combined sensor works. The VDO cadence (without speed) not. But when the sensor was new before a few weeks, this worked also. Now a new sensor - no chance. IPsensorMan finds both correct and shows also the right cadence.

kevdd

Hi Orux! New phone and still the same problem. :/ The VDO cadence sensor works fine with IPsensorman, but not in OM.

But in earlier version the same sensor was still working! Maybe you can give me older apks to give them a try?

http://abload.de/img/screenshot_2014-04-08eou2z.png">

Martin

Hi,

I'm using Oruxmaps on a Samsung Galaxy Note 3, my ANT+ heart rate sensor works well, now I bought a cadence sensor (from Sigma Sports).

I've exactly the same problem like kevdd. The sensor works with IpSensorMan correctly, on Oruxmaps mostly 0.00 is shown or sometimes values of many 10.000s, even negative values.

Martin

itkroplis

Hi!

Phone Sony Active

I encountered a problem with the garmin bicycle speed and cadence sensor.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Svra-ivpc8A">https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Svra-ivpc8A

Together, they do not work. But activated separately, it works well. What to do? With IpBike work. With OruxMap not working.

I make ID to 0 and then restart, pārskanēju. The result does not change.