Samsung Galaxy s6 edge Bluetooth Smart devices no detection

Started by htb, August 25, 2015, 10:56:41 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

htb

Hi there,

for years and years I am using your great  software and so far everything worked for me fine.

Now, since a few weeks I have a Samsung Galaxy S6 edge phone with Android 5.1.1 and have trouble with some bluetooth devices in Oruxmaps.

E.g. I have a Polar H7 heart rate belt that I cannot connect to because it isn't detected while scanning.

Second my runtastic Speed&Cadence Sensor isn't detected.

In the meantime I also had contact with the samsung support and they told me that the Galaxy S6 phones are using a new bluetooth firmware (5.1.1 or so) that has a few new built in security features with possibly force hardware manufacturers or software developers to upgrade their firmware or software to be compatible again. For example, the devices aren't woke up any more by the phone to avoid making them visible for every device around the searching device to let possible enemies not know there's a looking bluetooth device... (that's what samsung support tried to explain to me).

Have you heard yet of other users having similar issues or can you tell me if it's possible to fix oruxmaps to work with those devices together again?

Many thanks in advance!!!

News since October 2015:

the speed&cadence sensor now works stable and fine again. I've got a new firmware für the Galaxy S6 edge (however, still I cannot confirm or proove that this new firmware was definitely the solution)