Sony MT11i compatible versions

Started by lneam, September 02, 2019, 10:47:14 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

lneam

Hi,

my smartphone backup device is the Sony MT11i, with android 4.0.4 no root. This old hardware device has low internal RAM (512MB) and ROM (320MB). So, after hard reset, i don't install play store account, to save the low area of rom. Every application has installed running the apk manual.

What about orux map compatibility problem

- 7.3.7 can run both free and paid version apk

- 7.4.22 can run only free version apk

- new GP version can't run at all (like OruxMaps GP 7.5.4)

of course i can live with this situation, but i wish to could run a new one version

lneam

Hi jose vazquez,

after my previous post, yesterday i decided to install the latest version 7.5.9GP of app from playstore. The test was made after hard reset into my device (old)
sony mt11i
android 4.0.4 no root

after the installation i noticed the follow bugs
- no matter if i use factory or default or my backup of settings into orux, some of them was different, compared with my master device (new).
- when i was starting a new track record, after a few seconts it stops automatic and promt to me the screen to save it
- when i was goning into the screen menu of my recording files, after 2-4 seconts the app automatic returns into main screen. It was not possible to view or delete, etc, into this menu
after this behavior, i return into 7.4.22 free version, with clean install of orux. I did not make any other test to determine other problems. Probably they exist.
when i return to 7.4.22 free version everything is ok. Also my backup file of settings is OK

where can i found the version 7.5.8GP to make test ?
------------

- one more issue

this is happenig into my all devices for over 3 years now.
I have make my personal settings into the app for every device i use. I have save them with a name. I don't copy them to other device. From every device, i have backup this file into my desktop PC. Every name is the model name of smartphone. So, every hard reset of my android device i reinstall those settings to save time.

What is the problem ...
when i am using the app, i make a lot of test. So it's logical, the app to change my personal settings. After a lot of changes, i could not remember all of them. I am deleting my personal settings from inside the orux and when i exit the app, with i file manager i reinstall my backup file.
But, when i run again the orux app and i chose again my over one year old file, the app has the setting of my last test i was made. Only with "clear data" into android setting is possible to solve this problem. Is there any solution for this bug ??

orux

Quote from: lneam on April 20, 2020, 10:49:26 AM
Hi jose vazquez,

after my previous post, yesterday i decided to install the latest version 7.5.9GP of app from playstore. The test was made after hard reset into my device (old)
sony mt11i
android 4.0.4 no root

after the installation i noticed the follow bugs
- no matter if i use factory or default or my backup of settings into orux, some of them was different, compared with my master device (new).
- when i was starting a new track record, after a few seconts it stops automatic and promt to me the screen to save it
- when i was goning into the screen menu of my recording files, after 2-4 seconts the app automatic returns into main screen. It was not possible to view or delete, etc, into this menu
after this behavior, i return into 7.4.22 free version, with clean install of orux. I did not make any other test to determine other problems. Probably they exist.
when i return to 7.4.22 free version everything is ok. Also my backup file of settings is OK

where can i found the version 7.5.8
GP to make test ?
------------

- one more issue

this is happenig into my all devices for over 3 years now.
I have make my personal settings into the app for every device i use. I have save them with a name. I don't copy them to other device. From every device, i have backup this file into my desktop PC. Every name is the model name of smartphone. So, every hard reset of my android device i reinstall those settings to save time.

What is the problem ...
when i am using the app, i make a lot of test. So it's logical, the app to change my personal settings. After a lot of changes, i could not remember all of them. I am deleting my personal settings from inside the orux and when i exit the app, with i file manager i reinstall my backup file.
But, when i run again the orux app and i chose again my over one year old file, the app has the setting of my last test i was made. Only with "clear data" into android setting is possible to solve this problem. Is there any solution for this bug ??

Hello!
Check that you use the version downloaded from Google Play directly. Contact with oruxuro@gmail.com to check your purchase in google play.

About the problem with your profiles. "But, when i run again the orux app and i chose again my over one year old file, the app has the setting of my last test i was made."I do not understand the steps:1-you delete one profile in OruxMaps profiles display.
2-then you copy an old file to your device, app profiles folder, and you restore that profile
3-the app restores the profile deleted in step 1.
right?

orux

lneam

Quote from: orux on April 27, 2020, 07:07:10 PM

Hello!
Check that you use the version downloaded from Google Play directly. Contact with oruxuro@gmail.com to check your purchase in google play.

About the problem with your profiles. "But, when i run again the orux app and i chose again my over one year old file, the app has the setting of my last test i was made."I do not understand the steps:
1-you delete one profile in OruxMaps profiles display.
2-then you copy an old file to your device, app profiles folder, and you restore that profile
right?
orux

YES, those are the steps

orux

Quote from: lneam on April 27, 2020, 07:45:20 PM
Quote from: orux on April 27, 2020, 07:07:10 PM

Hello!

About the problem with your profiles. "But, when i run again the orux app and i chose again my over one year old file, the app has the setting of my last test i was made."I do not understand the steps:
1-you delete one profile in OruxMaps profiles display.
right?
orux

YES, those are the steps

Try to do those steps in airplane mode.

orux

lneam

Hi jose vazquez,

from 2012 all of my smartphone devices are for navigation purposes. There no sim inside, airplane mode is natural situation.

lneam

Hi jose vazquez,
as you can see there are 2 issues.
- the problem with restore/backup of my settings into both of my devices
- and i can't work with newer version into my old device. I have get stuck into 7.4.22 (free)

i need more to found a solution for the No2 issue. Why that ? because old devices suffer from GPS week rollover issue. Newer versions of orux has into the settings one option for this issue, we can set device time when we 'record track"
Except orux 7.5.9, what else version has this abbility ? Where can i found it, for test ?

orux

Quote from: lneam on April 30, 2020, 08:27:17 AM
Hi jose vazquez,

from 2012 all of my smartphone devices are for navigation purposes. There no sim inside, airplane mode is natural situation.

How do you instal the google play version then?

orux

lneam

Quote from: orux on April 30, 2020, 04:11:15 PM
Quote from: lneam on April 30, 2020, 08:27:17 AM
Hi jose vazquez,

How do you instal the google play version then?

orux

OMG, i will make a print screen from your question. Even a 8 years child knows the answer.

don't you know about the internet ?

lneam

today a made a test about the issue of "restore settings" into my new device using latest version of OruxMaps GP 7.5.10GP from playstore.
the results saws that the issue is no longer exists.

of course into my old device using OruxMaps7.4.22 free from the orux official web page, is still having the issue. i hope soon there will be a new version of OruxMaps 7.5.10 free to solve the issue as like the paid does. i also hope to be android 4.0.4 compatible

lneam

another issue with 7.4.22 into my sony mt11i is the follow

- when into the settings i set
sensors-gps- "fused location provider ON"
the track recording is not working