Keep GPS on in background

Started by drfie, March 08, 2016, 04:39:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

drfie

Hi,

would it be possible to keep GPS on in background even if not recording track? My use case: I would like to start recording when I leave my home, but to be able to do it, I prefer to have a GPS fix before. I can do it by e.g. putting my phone behind the window, wait a minute and then go outside. It is better than wait for GPS fix outside (especially in winter).

So when waiting for the fix, I do not want to record anything.

I am transitioning to Oruxmaps from google MyTracks (that are now deprecated) and I was able to do it this way in MyTracks.

Thanks for Oruxmaps anyway, it is great.

Vojtech

orux

Quote from: "drfie"Hi,

would it be possible to keep GPS on in background even if not recording track? My use case: I would like to start recording when I leave my home, but to be able to do it, I prefer to have a GPS fix before. I can do it by e.g. putting my phone behind the window, wait a minute and then go outside. It is better than wait for GPS fix outside (especially in winter).

So when waiting for the fix, I do not want to record anything.

I am transitioning to Oruxmaps from google MyTracks (that are now deprecated) and I was able to do it this way in MyTracks.

Thanks for Oruxmaps anyway, it is great.

Vojtech

Hi,

may be in the future, but

there is a trick; if you are in 'following a route' or 'wpt navigation' mode the GPS is ON when you leave the app.

orux

drfie

Ok, thanks.