Track database

Started by starbright, March 13, 2016, 03:17:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

starbright

I am using Oruxmaps for years now and I am very satisfied. Thank you.

During upgrade of my Android it seems I lost my track database. As I have some backups but I don't find it.

My questions are:

1) what is the name of the database file and where can it be located?

2) I found in my tracklogs folder 2 zip files and 2 but with klm data in it. This seems to me single tracks, correct?

Another question is about 3D maps:

3) It works with *.db maps, but if I work with *.map files, it just shows me the curved grid. What's wrong here?

Thank you.

orux

Quote from: "starbright"I am using Oruxmaps for years now and I am very satisfied. Thank you.

During upgrade of my Android it seems I lost my track database. As I have some backups but I don't find it.

My questions are:

1) what is the name of the database file and where can it be located?

2) I found in my tracklogs folder 2 zip files and 2 but with klm data in it. This seems to me single tracks, correct?

Another question is about 3D maps:

3) It works with *.db maps, but if I work with *.map files, it just shows me the curved grid. What's wrong here?

Thank you.

Hello;

the tracks database are located in the internal storage, oruxmaps/tracklogs/oruxmapstracks.db file.

the 3D view works with all maps, but you need the DEM files of the zone you want to see in 3D downloaded in the rigth folders,

orux

starbright

Although I have images with TWRP and saved content in SD-card I couldn't find this.

I just found oruxmapsmaps.db and datum.db and the journal files. What they contain? All my tracks seems to be lost.  :cry:

orux

Quote from: "starbright"Although I have images with TWRP and saved content in SD-card I couldn't find this.

I just found oruxmapsmaps.db and datum.db and the journal files. What they contain? All my tracks seems to be lost.  :cry:

Hello;

you must search in the internal storage, oruxmaps/ folder.

If you are using eS file explorer app, or any other app that deletes files from other apps, check their configuration.

orux

starbright

Thanks for help, but for some reason it is neither in the extracted TWRP image (data section, where some oruxmaps data are) nor on the SD card. Seems by backup strategy is not 100% :(

And if this is in the internal data, than it should be the data section of the backup image, right? It is data/com.oruxmaps.orux/databases ... but again, there is just oruxmapsmaps.db and datum.db and the journal files.

orux

Quote from: "starbright"Thanks for help, but for some reason it is neither in the extracted TWRP image (data section, where some oruxmaps data are) nor on the SD card. Seems by backup strategy is not 100% :(

And if this is in the internal data, than it should be the data section of the backup image, right? It is data/com.oruxmaps.orux/databases ... but again, there is just oruxmapsmaps.db and datum.db and the journal files.

No,

The track database and files are not in the private folder of the app.

You should search in the sdcard/ folder, depending on the android version.

orux