Route alarm ignores "distance between messages" setting

Started by tstreibl, September 12, 2020, 08:18:59 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

tstreibl

Hi Orux,

when using OruxMaps on a bike in "follow route" mode it is very helpful to get an early alarm as soon as you leave the route. Usually this is a good trigger for me to switch on the display and to check for the reason. Normally I don't need further warnings after that because I'm already aware about the situation. So I would expect that setting the "distance betweem messages" to a large distance (e.g. 1 or 10 km) will perfectly suite this purpuse. However whatever setting I use, in V.8.0.7 GP I get a rout alarm nearly each meter, which is very anoying and forces me to switch off the "follow rourte" mode.

Setting the "distance for route alarm start" to the same value as "disctance to route alarm end" has no effect either.  I would expect to either get exactly one alarm when I leave the route and one when I'm back or to get a warning that setting the same value for both properties is not allowed.

Would be nice if this could be fixed. Or maybe I didn't understand the interaction of the three alarm properties correctly?

Thanks for your great work. This is by far the best navigation app I know, especially in combination with OpenAndroMaps.

Best regards, Tilo

orux

Quote from: tstreibl on September 12, 2020, 08:18:59 PM
Hi Orux,

when using OruxMaps on a bike in "follow route" mode it is very helpful to get an early alarm as soon as you leave the route. Usually this is a good trigger for me to switch on the display and to check for the reason. Normally I don't need further warnings after that because I'm already aware about the situation. So I would expect that setting the "distance betweem messages" to a large distance (e.g. 1 or 10 km) will perfectly suite this purpuse. However whatever setting I use, in V.8.0.7 GP I get a rout alarm nearly each meter, which is very anoying and forces me to switch off the "follow rourte" mode.

Setting the "distance for route alarm start" to the same value as "disctance to route alarm end" has no effect either.  I would expect to either get exactly one alarm when I leave the route and one when I'm back or to get a warning that setting the same value for both properties is not allowed.

Would be nice if this could be fixed. Or maybe I didn't understand the interaction of the three alarm properties correctly?

Thanks for your great work. This is by far the best navigation app I know, especially in combination with OpenAndroMaps.

Best regards, Tilo
There are only two settings about 'far from route' alarm.
one is the distance at which the warning starts, another is the distance it stops warning you, if you move further than that second distance.
The other setting you mention, I don't know what it is, but it's not related to this alarm.

I'll add a button to cancel the current alarm, ok?

orux

tstreibl

Hi Orux,

thanks for making it clear. A cancle button or anything in this direction would be great.  Alternatively or additionally when you set "distance for route alarm start=disctance to route alarm end" only one warning could be issued when crossing that distance. After that system could continue in "cancle button pressed mode". 

Especially when I bike in the mountains my impression is that I can be off in vertical distance very quickly even when horizontal distance is not too bad. GPS and route can't be too precise in difficult terrain  :) 

Best regards, Tilo