Oruxmaps wont refresh on zoom

Started by acharnley, February 12, 2016, 05:31:00 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

acharnley

Hi,

I've just been on a two week excursion cycling around the Scottish West Isles. Using my Sony Active, Oruxmaps has provided navigation the entire way.

First off, 6.5 is unstable and eventually I gave up and went back to 5.x. Both exhibit a major issue which is 50% of the time when zooming in the higher map level isn't loaded, instead I have a pixellated map. Exiting the program and restarting then brings it up. Memory usage is fine. Any idea?

Cheers!

Andrew

orux

Quote from: "acharnley"Hi,

I've just been on a two week excursion cycling around the Scottish West Isles. Using my Sony Active, Oruxmaps has provided navigation the entire way.

First off, 6.5 is unstable and eventually I gave up and went back to 5.x. Both exhibit a major issue which is 50% of the time when zooming in the higher map level isn't loaded, instead I have a pixellated map. Exiting the program and restarting then brings it up. Memory usage is fine. Any idea?

Cheers!

Andrew

Hello;

It should jump to the next map if enabled automatic loading of maps with zoom.

But it will take time (more clicks to the zoom button) to jump into the new map if there is much difference between zoom levels (eg if less detailed map zoom level is 1-4 and most detailed map 17-20).

orux

acharnley

Auto map load is enabled. I've jut upgraded device and it occurs on this too.

The more detailed levels are available and will load if app is exited, or occasionally if you wait a while for GPS to move a significant distance.

Otherwise zooming in retails the same level but becomes blocky. Not always, but it's very annoying for cycling with.

regards, Andrew

acharnley

Ah man

Settings -> Maps -> Volume Keys (Only digital zoom)

This should be DISABLED by default!

Andrew