bad (wrong) track recording

Started by bobpell, April 10, 2021, 11:58:44 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

bobpell

Hi,
I'm new with Oruxmap, that I really want to use due to it's good features and maps managing.
Loaded version 7.4.23 on my Android (Realme). After some learning I tried Orux live. Unfortunatly it always gives wrong track recording.
As significative example, attached the recording of the same path I got simultaneously with Oruxmaps and Sports Tracker (my "old" app).
The Orux one is that with red triangles, and it's clearly wrong, very unprecise.
I've followed all the manual configuration instruction (background app working activated, GPS configuration...), but I always get bad results.
Anyone can help? What I'm missing?
Thanks,
Roberto

Juvan1

It looks like you get straight lines
You have to prevent battery optimization and set location "allowed all the time" 
for Oruxmaps in Android settings.

Hope it work with this version of Orux and the brand of your phone

bobpell

Quote from: Juvan1 on April 10, 2021, 05:39:50 PM
You have to prevent battery optimization and set location "allowed all the time" 
for Oruxmaps in Android settings.

Thanks Juvan1.
no-battery optimization was already set,  I will try with set location "allowed all the time". I'll let you know.
By the way, could this issue be related to free Oruxmap version I'm using vs the donate one? And if I will decide to go on with donate, should I unistall the current free and reinstall the new one, or simply upgarde it to donate version?

Thanks again

bobpell

With the suggested smartphone setting it seems to work properly.
Great!
Thanks again