Screen always turns on when tracking - Samsung Note 10+

Started by xinix, June 15, 2022, 09:28:06 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

xinix

A very annoying thing has happened with the latest Oruxmaps GP on my Samsung Note 10+ (fully updated). I use Oruxmaps on this phone exclusively for tracking hikes. When tracking, it always runs in the foreground. Before, I could switch off the screen with the power button, and it would stay off until I hit the power button again. Orux is configured to always keep screen On.

Now, when I hit the power button, the screen turns off and immediiately turns on again when Orux is in the foreground. The only way to make sure it stays off is to set Orux to the background and then turn off the screen. The disadvantage of this is that now the screen will lock so I need to use my fingerprint to unlock the screen, pull up Oruxmaps to the foreground and then do the reverse to lock the screen again.

I've tried every setting in Oruxmaps and tried various configs of the lock screen on the phone and nothing works.

matt

Hi,
i also use the power button to switch the OruxMaps map screen off or on, when i need it, while OM is tracking and map is shown.
I also recently noticed a few times, after switching screen off, the screen turned on again.
What helped helped me in this situation: I closed all apps (running in background?), then brought OM, which is still tracking, again in foreground. Then the power button behaved as i wanted it.
Matt