Android higher than 11

Started by Rami, November 27, 2022, 11:25:27 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Rami

Hi. I upgraded  my samsung 21 to android 12. Orux 9.6 2 GP. I imported the maps and tracklogs according to your directions in the Setting (import resources). I have now two tracklogs directories, the original and the new one. I  cannot access the new tracklogs directory with android file manager. How can i share now gpx files from the new tracklogs directory,  with friends  for example? Thanks Rami.

dm413-om

QuoteI  cannot access the new tracklogs directory with android file manager.

I'm surprised you did not run into this problem with Android 11, as well.

In Android 11 and later, you can no longer view the Android/Data folder using the normal file manager. All the folders and files on Android/Data are hidden. You have to run the AOSP (Android Open Source Project) file manager, or install a 3rd party file manager. The AOSP file manager is included in all Android phones, but many phones, including Samsung phones, hide it by not providing a shortcut and removing the ability to run the application from the settings > app page for this app.

You can install the "Files Shortcut" app by Delta 8 Studio from the google play store. This doesn't actually install an app, it just installs a shortcut to the AOSP file manager that is already on your phone.

Some third party file managers provide access to the Android/Data folder. For example I have used the Simple File Manager Pro app by Simple Mobile Tools, though this is no longer free ($1.19). It allows you to access the Android/Data folder.

Also, you can access Android/Data by plugging your phone into your computer, and browsing your phone from your PC.

Tronpo

Quote from: Rami on November 27, 2022, 11:25:27 AM
Hi. I upgraded  my samsung 21 to android 12. Orux 9.6 2 GP. I imported the maps and tracklogs according to your directions in the Setting (import resources). I have now two tracklogs directories, the original and the new one. I  cannot access the new tracklogs directory with android file manager. How can i share now gpx files from the new tracklogs directory,  with friends  for example? Thanks Rami.

hello!! here he explains it carefully and in the end he provides the best solution for me.

https://www.oruxmaps.com/cs/es/blog?start=1

🅃🅁🄾🄽🄿🄾