Gpx file

Started by topolaino, December 04, 2017, 10:12:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

topolaino

Hi Orux.

I have Samsung s8 and I used v7.2.0.

I do not understand why when I want to save the track in gpx format the system does not propose me file explorer to select the folder. I had to download another app called x-plore and with this I can select the folder where to create the gpx file.

I believe that the file is good because if I open it with oruxmaps or with mapsource I display it. however when I upload it to garmin servers it gives me an error.

The same file opened with mapsource and saved by mapsource instead is loaded but without heart rate and temperature data.

Orux please  help me

Thanks

Vincenzo from italy

orux

Quote from: topolaino post_id=12583 time=1512421955 user_id=2974
Hi Orux.

I have Samsung s8 and I used v7.2.0.

I do not understand why when I want to save the track in gpx format the system does not propose me file explorer to select the folder. I had to download another app called x-plore and with this I can select the folder where to create the gpx file.

I believe that the file is good because if I open it with oruxmaps or with mapsource I display it. however when I upload it to garmin servers it gives me an error.

The same file opened with mapsource and saved by mapsource instead is loaded but without heart rate and temperature data.

Orux please  help me

Thanks

Vincenzo from italy

Hello!

You can select where the app saves the tracks in global settings-->Tracks-->Tracks directory.

Export a GPX, then send it to me by mail, I will check the problem with garmin,

orux

topolaino

yes I select where the app saves the tracks if I had chosen the automatic creation of the gpx file. But if I want to create the gpx file of a track already created, I choose properties of the track, then the symbol share, then gpx, then the app offers me a list of app: bluetooth, gmail, save in drive, whatsapp, android beam ...... but not exorer file! Where am I doing wrong?

after several tests, I found an app (x-plore) similar to file explorer that appears in the list and I can save the gpx file, but  I can not upload it on garmin.

I try to send you this file to the address oruxuro@gmail.com, it's right?

thak you very much

vincenzo

orux

Quote from: topolaino post_id=12594 time=1512596079 user_id=2974
yes I select where the app saves the tracks if I had chosen the automatic creation of the gpx file. But if I want to create the gpx file of a track already created, I choose properties of the track, then the symbol share, then gpx, then the app offers me a list of app: bluetooth, gmail, save in drive, whatsapp, android beam ...... but not exorer file! Where am I doing wrong?

after several tests, I found an app (x-plore) similar to file explorer that appears in the list and I can save the gpx file, but  I can not upload it on garmin.

I try to send you this file to the address oruxuro@gmail.com, it's right?

thak you very much

vincenzo

Hello!

The app saves the track in your tracks folder (usually oruxmaps/tracklogs/ folder) then the app opens a dialog (the one you talk about) that offers the option to share the new created file. You can share the file, or cancel the dialog, but the file is saved in your folder,

orux

topolaino

hello,

I tried but in the oruxmaps/tracklogs folder, I can not find the gpx file.

I've also created a new oruxmaps/tracklogs/gpx folder and selected it from global settings -> Tracks -> Tracks directory, but nothing the gpx file is missing.

however with this app x-plore I can create the gpx file and with the new version 7.2.1 I can upload the file on garmin.

thanks Orux

orux

Quote from: topolaino post_id=12604 time=1512770804 user_id=2974
hello,

I tried but in the oruxmaps/tracklogs folder, I can not find the gpx file.

I've also created a new oruxmaps/tracklogs/gpx folder and selected it from global settings -> Tracks -> Tracks directory, but nothing the gpx file is missing.

however with this app x-plore I can create the gpx file and with the new version 7.2.1 I can upload the file on garmin.

thanks Orux

Hello;

still with that problem?

when you export a track to a file, do you see any error message? if you select to share the file after exporting it, with Gmail, a file is attached to the mail?

orux