3D view and DEM height display problems

Started by luckylook, July 21, 2023, 11:58:39 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

luckylook

At my Galaxy S20 I have no problem with 3D-view and DEM files download and show DEM height at dashboard (oruxmaps v10.1.8GP)
With same app version and app settings I couldn't see 3D-view and DEM height at my Xiaomi 12. The DEM files were downloaded correctly in the right folder but have no impact --> no 3D view and DEM heigt in dashboard after DEM files are downloaded.

Tronpo

Quote from: luckylook on July 21, 2023, 11:58:39 PM
At my Galaxy S20 I have no problem with 3D-view and DEM files download and show DEM height at dashboard (oruxmaps v10.1.8GP)
With same app version and app settings I couldn't see 3D-view and DEM height at my Xiaomi 12. The DEM files were downloaded correctly in the right folder but have no impact --> no 3D view and DEM heigt in dashboard after DEM files are downloaded.

Hello check in the global settings, storage of the app, that the path to the folder for Dem is correct.

🅃🅁🄾🄽🄿🄾

luckylook

Thanks, yes I have set the storage of the DEM files exactly athe same way as at my other phone. Also I have placed the DEM's in both folders (public in oruxmaps/dem/ and in app internal android/data/com.orux.oruxmapsDonate/files/oruxmaps/dem/) and it will not funtion.
I'm confusing what coild be the reason.

olwaldi

I had a similar problem just today. I could solve it by reloading the DEM data from within oruxmaps, i. e. engage 3D view, get the download message, reload, and then try 3d once again. But I have to admit, I, too, did update the mapfile itself.

My guess: oruxmaps does a kind of processing of the downloaded DEM files before it can work with them. Maybe, sometimes this preprocessing is fails?

Regards, Michael