Ghost mode / Competition (against myself) mode

Started by oruxbayer, March 30, 2017, 07:43:55 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

oruxbayer

Dear Orux-Friends,

first of all I want to thank you for the work on Orux and the fantastic community. I use it in many cases and I am proud to show it to friends.

At the moment i am fighting with one question:

Is it possible to use a "ghost mode"? I searched here at the forum and found this topic: "Post subject]" -but it´s very old and there were no answers.

I want to compare my actual position on a route* with my position on the track (I recorded in the past). Is this not possible? In Oruxmaps everything is possible -maybe I don´t see the right button at the moment?! ;-)

This feature would be so grate for my training, my way to work, my way to my standard moutain top....

Thank you very very much,  :lol:

saludos, Franz

* I am using the "old recorded track" for my actual drive as ROUTE (because I want to see the progress in [%] and so on..)

carioco

You already have that function available for some time, you have to configure several things to do it, you list them.

First you must be following a track, one of yours, or one of another user, for example a strava route of a colleague, etc ...

In the menu, visual elements, dashboard, you have to select delay on route time, in this field will appear the advance or delay in seconds with respect to the route that you are following.

You can also show the competitor about the route you are doing in real time, it is simply visual but also a good data. To see this you have to select "competitor shows" in the menu "Tracks / routes"

This function is very useful for training, see how you are compared to previous years and see your progress.

Excuse my English, I hope I have been clear

When you think you know everything about orux, surprise again

oruxbayer

Dear carioco,

thank you very very much for your answer! Your english is better than mine, but you are not german so we can write in this language..?! ;-)

In the meantime I was able to find your descripted way with the field in the dasboard. Unfortunatelly I used a (fresh) Route made with the add-on "Broute" in Orux and I don´t know the default speed of this calculation and not a droven track out of the past. I ll try this in these days.

Maybe the artificially Route is the reason, why I was NOT able to find your second -and most interessting part- description "To see this you have to select "competitor shows" in the menu "Tracks / routes"" In my menue (Version 7.0.2) there were no "competitor shows" button under "tracks / routes"  :|

Any idea?

At any way thank you very very much,

Franz

kerékjoe

"Show partner"

(latest line)

oruxbayer

Quote from: "kerékjoe""Show partner"

(latest line)

Sorry... maybe I am blind: I can´t find it!!!  :shock:

My Orux is in german... I ll write the menu possibilies and in brackets "my" translation:

Track- / Routenwerkzeuge (Tools for Tracks and Routes)

-Geocaches (Geocaches)

-Kml-/Gpx Route laden (Load kml or gpx - Route)

-Routenplaner (Plan routes)

-Von Hand erstellen (plan by hand)

-Bei OM suchen (Search on OM)

Naviationsoptionen

-Folgen beenden (end following (the track)) --> you can see the following action is active.

-Routenalarm beenden (end the route-alert)

-Route umkehren (reverse routing)

Is there another setting to do, I didn´t do...?! The competitor-time is shown in the dashboard..

Thank you so much for bringing light into the darkness ;-)

Franz

matt

Quote from: "oruxbayer"
Quote from: "kerékjoe""Show partner"

(latest line)

Is there another setting to do, I didn´t do...?! The competitor-time is shown in the dashboard..

Franz

Two items below your "Navigationsoptionen", you see "Track-/Routeneinstelllungen". Within that, the last item to be checked "Partner zeigen".

Gefunden?  :)

Matt

kerékjoe

(Three dots at right end of upper menu line)

Menu>Grundeinstellungen>Tracks/Routen>Partner zeigen>Ja

;)

oruxbayer

Dear Matt and kerékjoe,

thank you very much for your answers.

The Setting for "Partner zeigen / (show partner)" is active:

https://picload.org/image/rcroipar/orux1.png">

The competitor-time in the dashboard (red X) is displayed:

https://picload.org/image/rcroipaa/orux2.png">

...but no "second, moving point" in the map.....

If the weather is better tomorrow, I ll try it on the bike on the exact route (an old track with my times) again.

Thank you very very much for helping me,

Franz

kerékjoe

I tried this feature one times...and happened the follows:

-loaded a - real made, not artifical - track as a Route,

-started Follow Route,

-started GPS, and recording Track,

-and I started to move

oruxbayer

Dear kerékjoe,

thank you very much - I ll try.

Does somebody have a screenshot where I can see the depiction off "all":

- The route

- My ACTUAL position

- My FORMER position

Thank you very much and my apologise for so much questions... but I am despiring  :|

kerékjoe

http://www.kepfeltoltes.eu/view.php?filename=496Screenshot_2017_04_06_.png">

(the arrow is my cursor, red bubble is the "partner position", blue path is the saved route)

oruxbayer

[size=150]--> IT WORKED TODAY !!!!![/size]

Thank you all very much!

The mistake was by me! Sorry, Orux ;-)

Reason: I used an old track. And during the recording I started with delay because I did do a talk with the neighbour... For a few minutes... And that´s the reason why my "old competitor-point" didn´t move FOR THE FIRST MINUTES although I was moving actual......  :mrgreen:

Thank you all, have a nice weekend,

Franz