"Manage Waypoints/Tracks/Routes" pages close within seconds

Started by Holton181, June 06, 2023, 11:16:15 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Holton181

Having 10.1.3 GP Donate installed on my Xperia 1 III, I just noticed the "Manage Waypoints/Tracks/Routes" pages close within seconds basically making it impossible to do anything.
Can't load anything from the lists, can't edit, can't rearange, ....
A pretty severe issue for me!
I can't say exactly when this issue appeared since I haven't used Oruxmaps in a while.
Strange thing is, my wife has the same version of Oruxmaps installed on her Xperia 10 III with no such issues. We have very similar configurations. Both have Android 13 installed.

I have tried to change profiles, create new profiles based on factory profile, restart phone, force close the app and empty the cache, ... nothing...
The only major change I've done recently is to change storage from app private location to root of internal storage, but that I have also done to my wifes instalation.

Any ideas?
I would appreciate if I don't need to reinstall Oruxmaps to make it work.

Thanks!

PS I will try one of my profiles on my wifes installation and one of hers on mine, but it is getting to late in the evening, so another day...

Holton181

Did a reinstalation anyhow. Pretty hassel free thanks to having everything saved at root of internal storage.

Issue is gone, but I'm quite curious what caused it.

geo

I am having this problem with 10.1.8 GP on Android 7.0.  What can I try to fix it short of a reinstall?

geo

Since no one has any suggestions I guess I'll need to reinstall.  What is the best practice for that?

Tronpo

Quote from: geo on September 02, 2023, 06:04:08 PM
Since no one has any suggestions I guess I'll need to reinstall.  What is the best practice for that?

Before uninstalling, it is always advisable to back up the Oruxmaps folder
If you are using the root memory (not private) when uninstalling the Oruxmaps folder will not be deleted, but for security it is better to always have a copy
Then you go to Play Store with the account you bought orux and return to download.

Depending on the storage you use, you will have to copy the files from the security folder.