Oruxmaps: trace error during poor GPS reception

Started by JeromeM, May 11, 2018, 11:48:35 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

JeromeM

Hello

some time when i recording a trace I have some points in error : the track is deviated by several tens of meters with an incorrect altitude also (which deviates considerably from the plot).

I think it's due to poor GPS reception but I'm not sure ... this then forces me to manually edit the .gpx file with GPX Editor

If it is caused by the GSP is it possible to set Oruxmaps so that it ignores these points if the GPS reception is not sufficient?

currently my GPS config in Oruxmpas (V.7.2.13) is set like this:

minimum duration: 2 seconds (recommended)

minimum distance: 20 m (recommended)

GPS accuracy: 0m (always)

My device : Samsung A3 2017. Android 7.0.

Thanks for your help  ;)

orux

Quote from: JeromeM post_id=13525 time=1526032115 user_id=2850
Hello

some time when i recording a trace I have some points in error : the track is deviated by several tens of meters with an incorrect altitude also (which deviates considerably from the plot).

I think it's due to poor GPS reception but I'm not sure ... this then forces me to manually edit the .gpx file with GPX Editor

If it is caused by the GSP is it possible to set Oruxmaps so that it ignores these points if the GPS reception is not sufficient?

currently my GPS config in Oruxmpas (V.7.2.13) is set like this:

minimum duration: 2 seconds (recommended)

minimum distance: 20 m (recommended)

GPS accuracy: 0m (always)

My device : Samsung A3 2017. Android 7.0.

Thanks for your help  ;)

Hello,

change the last parameter (GPS accuracy) to 20 mts., with zero, all location fixes are used regardless of its value.

orux