Straight line from GPS trace

Started by Sven, June 07, 2017, 10:52:04 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Sven

Hi, I just started using your app on my mobile phone to track my sport tracks

Here's what I had this monday. It went well from the beginning but at some point the recording went in a straight line not following my road. What could be the cause of this problem ?

http://ryuuk3tsu.free.fr/Web/Map.jpg">

Have a great day & thanks for your app

kerékjoe

May be: lost the gps sat fix?

Sven

Thank you Kerékjoe, sorry for answering back so lately

What is the gps sat fix?

kerékjoe

I  mean: if the gps position calculation is ready.

Sometimes the phone can't find/lose it, (tree covered place, urban canyon...)

orux

Quote from: "Sven"Thank you Kerékjoe, sorry for answering back so lately

What is the gps sat fix?

Hello,

Check also power saving settings.  

Use the last version of OruxMaps.

If the device goes to power saving mode, it is possible to stop sending GPS positions to the app.

orux

Sven

Thank you very much for your answers. I already have the latest version of the application.

You're right it might have been altered with a portion under some trees (but not too much). For one moment I made a pause: could the bug be caused by some moment without moving?

I'll check power saving settings, but it worked for almost two hours before the bug occurred, and my phone was plugged to a power cell

gicif

Quote from: "Sven"

I'll check power saving settings, but it worked for almost two hours before the bug occurred, and my phone was plugged to a power cell

Hi,

"power settings" refers to single app settings too, eg. force app stand-by when put in background for memory or battery optimization sake, etc...

Check app settings, this solved for me.

best regards

Sven

Hi Gicif, thanks for your answer !

I've managed to put it in the "authorized list". I'll give it a try next week. Hope it'll work :)