False alarms in route alarm

Started by tstreibl, October 02, 2022, 06:15:04 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

tstreibl

Hello Orux,

with 9.0.4 GP I get very often a route alarm although I'm perfectly on the route which I follow. My settings to start the alarm is 160m and 320m to stop the alarm with 2 alarm repeats. I get those false alarms even in a perfectly plain area (no hills, no impairment of gps signal) and even on perfectly straight roads. When I get such a route alarm I switch on the display and compare the recorded track with the route: I can see that there is no deviation, and definitely not in a 160m range. Sometimes I even get a second alarm before after a while the route alarm tells me that I'm back on the route. So at least based on the recording those false alarm should not happen. Is it possible that the route alarm uses a raw gps position which might be different from a recorded (maybe averaged) gps position? I use a galaxy S9 and did the test during a 1000km bike trip. If helpful I can provided the tracks for the planned route and the recorded route. Certainly they will differ in some parts where I intentionally left the route, but it's clear that I don't talk about route alarms in these parts.

Additional "bug": I recorded my tracks using a new segment for every day of my trip. When I export the track as .kml using the option "conntect segments if possible" the segments won't be connected.

Best regards, Tilo

Riovero

Me pasa igual.
Yo, además, voy en bici con la pantalla encencida sobre el manillar, por lo que solo tengo que mirar cuando me dice que estoy fuera de ruta, viendo la flecha perfectamente sobre la ruta.

tstreibl

Hello Orux,

the problem still persists in Version 10.7.2 GP.

I'm aware that you tried to fix this issue and my feeling is that there were fewer false alarms in some intermediate versions. On my last trip (1200km by bike in Spain, 10.7.2 GP Version) I had a lot of false alarms again, although I switched to a more up to date smartphone (Samsung Galays A55). So the hardware should not be the issue. As already stated: ther's no jitter on the recorded track, so I guess the route alarm uses some raw gps signal and not the "saved positions" when calculating the distance to the route I follow...

Best regards and thanks for your great work.