Track sorting type is not remembered

Started by drfie, May 12, 2016, 02:54:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

drfie

When I use "Sort the Tracks" in "Manage tracks/routes" the sort is not remembered. I am not sure what is the default order, but when I sort it by date, next time I see the list I need to sort them it again. But I would like to have my tracks sorted by date permanently.

I use folders and I have imported tracks from various sources, which probably made their order messy.

billw

Quote from: "drfie"When I use "Sort the Tracks" in "Manage tracks/routes" the sort is not remembered. I am not sure what is the default order, but when I sort it by date, next time I see the list I need to sort them it again. But I would like to have my tracks sorted by date permanently.

I use folders and I have imported tracks from various sources, which probably made their order messy.

I really love your app and very much appreciate all the work you've done!  It's very powerful, by far the best GSP Tracking App for Android...

That said, I would also REALLY like the app to remember the last sort I used, or have the ability to define a default sort for tracks (like you have for waypoints).  

Almost every time I go to manage tracks, I have to redefine the sort order!  This is a REAL annoyance!

atamzarian

After moving tacks across Android devices via FTP (which can loose/reset file creation dates) the sort order was different on the 2nd of 2 otherwise identically configure Orux installations on 2 Android devises. One device showed tracks sorted by date with newest at the top of list (as I prefer) and the other sorting in reverse. Neither, sorting in the main interface or in the tack import screen rectified the the sort order.

That being said, if you don't have very may tracks there is this one time workaround: Import tacks (I was using GPX files) one at a time starting with the oldest and working towards the newest. That should result in them being listed with newest at the top of the list.