Altitude information after track creation in Orux ?

Started by Oli, August 02, 2017, 10:36:52 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Oli

Hello,

I often create tracks directly on the phone in oruxmaps (in the moment V 7.0.2). When I then look at the stats, I get the distance, but not the altitudes.

But the I thought (naively), that if I would save the track,  look at the properties via manage tracks, and then would do "correct altitude", that the I would get them.

but alas no.

Can somebody tell me how I can create new tracks and also get the altitude information ?

I'm using OpenStreet Cycle maps as map base.

Thanks for any ideas

And thanks for this great program

Cheers

Oliver

orux

Quote from: "Oli"Hello,

I often create tracks directly on the phone in oruxmaps (in the moment V 7.0.2). When I then look at the stats, I get the distance, but not the altitudes.

But the I thought (naively), that if I would save the track,  look at the properties via manage tracks, and then would do "correct altitude", that the I would get them.

but alas no.

Can somebody tell me how I can create new tracks and also get the altitude information ?

I'm using OpenStreet Cycle maps as map base.

Thanks for any ideas

And thanks for this great program

Cheers

Oliver

Hello!

you need DEM files installed in the app.

you can do that if you open the 3D view. OruxMaps will ask you to download the files.

orux

Oli

Hello Orux,

I' sorry that I did not mention that I have the DEM files installed. Still, when creating a track manually, and then going into statistics, no altitude statistics are shown, and no graphic.

It seems that when I  look at the "propriétés" (I have the frech version) the track and do an altitude correction using DEM, I get no statistics. I need to reclose the "propriétés" of the track again and reopen them, and then I get atitude gain and loss, but no min altitude and max altitude ?

Any idea what's going on here ?