Quick question: what is the 2nd number in () in the GPS error value?

Started by pumori, December 18, 2017, 10:49:10 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

pumori

Ie I get an error value of 3 (18). The 3 is the error in metres -- what is the18? I first thought the number of sats but that can't be the case. It also seems not to be related to the DOP values.

orux

Quote from: pumori post_id=12632 time=1513590550 user_id=7096
Ie I get an error value of 3 (18). The 3 is the error in metres -- what is the18? I first thought the number of sats but that can't be the case. It also seems not to be related to the DOP values.

Hello;

The number of satellites used.

orux

pumori

Quote from: orux post_id=12637 time=1513854970 user_id=2The number of satellites used.
Hm... strange. That was my first hunch but sometimes I have, say, 14 sats and this number  says 6. And while the number of satellites stays fairly constant (in GPS Status) the value I see in oruxmaps jumps around wildly.

Well, at least I know what it's supposed to be:-)

orux

Quote from: pumori post_id=12642 time=1513886200 user_id=7096
Quote from: orux post_id=12637 time=1513854970 user_id=2The number of satellites used.
Hm... strange. That was my first hunch but sometimes I have, say, 14 sats and this number  says 6. And while the number of satellites stays fairly constant (in GPS Status) the value I see in oruxmaps jumps around wildly.

Well, at least I know what it's supposed to be:-)

Hello;

Depending on your settings, with oruxmaps is possible that the GPS is continuously turned on/off, in order to save battery; with GPS status the GPS is always on, then you see a stable value.

orux