OruxMap doesn't work with Lineage

Started by Jeannot40, December 26, 2017, 11:12:28 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jeannot40

Hello Orux

I used OruxMap since many years, and since 2 years on my smartphone  Moto 4G (1st gen).

This autunm, Motorola / Lenovo don't want released new upgrades for my smartphone (thank they, my next smarphone will not be these brands), then i have installed the custom ROM Lineage 14.2

I'm very satified of Lineage. My smartphone is now under Android 7.0 and most importantly I filled the security gap of the wifi.

But I'm disapointed that OruxMap doesn't work: it starts and about 1mn later the phone reboot. The first time afer reboot I retried again : this time the reboot was blocked on the load screen.I had to proceed at a wipe to recovery my smartphone this was a pain.

I tried the last beta 7.2.2beta3 (2 tries ) and the release 7.0.4 (1 try). I stop the tries except if you wish that I will try a new version that could solve this big issue.

Best regards

orux

Quote from: Jeannot40 post_id=12658 time=1514283148 user_id=4967
Hello Orux

I used OruxMap since many years, and since 2 years on my smartphone  Moto 4G (1st gen).

This autunm, Motorola / Lenovo don't want released new upgrades for my smartphone (thank they, my next smarphone will not be these brands), then i have installed the custom ROM Lineage 14.2

I'm very satified of Lineage. My smartphone is now under Android 7.0 and most importantly I filled the security gap of the wifi.

But I'm disapointed that OruxMap doesn't work: it starts and about 1mn later the phone reboot. The first time afer reboot I retried again : this time the reboot was blocked on the load screen.I had to proceed at a wipe to recovery my smartphone this was a pain.

I tried the last beta 7.2.2beta3 (2 tries ) and the release 7.0.4 (1 try). I stop the tries except if you wish that I will try a new version that could solve this big issue.

Best regards

Sorry, but it must be a problem with that OS internal libraries.

I develop oruxmaps for android, and I think it is working fine in all devices.

If it is already difficult to develop for Android, due to fragmentation, adding support to other operating systems is almost impossible.

See here http://www.oruxmaps.com/foro/viewtopic.php?f=3&t=4736">//http://www.oruxmaps.com/foro/viewtopic.php?f=3&t=4736

orux

Jeannot40

Hello

I submited this issue at the LineageOS team: the solution has been found by Gabriele M:
QuoteThe log doesn't show the problem, but I could reproduce the bug. It's a kernel panic caused by sdcardfs, I'll look into that.

In the meantime you can disable sdcardfs as follows:

Open /system/build.prop and change

ro.sys.sdcardfs=true

to

ro.sys.sdcardfs=false

You need root to do this.

All work fine with that.