Missing folders transfering oruxmaps from one mobile to another

Started by GeMe, December 10, 2017, 12:47:05 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

GeMe

Hello Orux,

Today I have change the oldest mobile with Oruxmaps to the next old mobile(a little more powerfull than the oldest).

I copy all the stuff to the mobile and when i try to access to the tracks all the folders had been deleted/missing, but i don't lose any track.

I opened the oruxmaps database(sqliteStudio) and realize that the tracks still have the "folder" harcoded on it (trackfolder field), so i make the following test:

-Open oruxmaps

-open track manager

-click on plus sign

-add one of the missing folders

-go back

-voilá the list of tracks had been updated and those that belongs to the folder disappeared from the main list and appeared at the folder list.

Here is my new feature:

Add a new table at the oruxmaps.db called "folders" which will have all the folders, with a field that identify if the folder is for track, waypoint, etc. Then when the user create a new folder, the folder will be inserted in the table and make a relationshipe with it to the tracks/waypoints. So if you migrate the database from one mobile to another you transfer all the stuff with you and don't need to re-create the folders.

Te mando alguna cosa más al correo electrónico.

GeMe

Anonymous

Edit.  Worked out how to do it.

Oruxmaps will copy the folder structure.  But the most important part is you must (on your old phone) create a new profile (copy data from current active profile on old phone).  Call it 'new' (or whatever you wish)

Then copy (in my case)  DEM, MAPFILES,PREFERENCES and TRACKLOGS folders to a backup location (comptuter).

Then on new phone.  Install Oruxmaps.  Open it (dont worry about setting up UI).  Then (in my case) restart phone (so folder structure is created correctly and can be read by your computer when you transfer your backup).

Then connect computer to new phone. Browse to Oruxmaps folder (folder on your phone).  then copy all the folders you backed up to your computer into the Oruxmaps folder on your phone.

Then Go to profiles and load the profile 'new'

Done!  You will see all your settings, folder structure, maps, tracks will work just like it did on your old phone