can not locate with AGPS in doors as before

Started by afig, April 11, 2018, 12:27:20 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

afig

I have used oruxmaps for about 5 years, it is a great app that do many help for my outdoor activities. Now i find when in doors,with AGPS and WLAN, the Honor 4x mobile (android 4.4.4) can locate quickly in oruxmaps(v.7.1.4 Donate, v.7.2.12), but the Honor V9 mobile (android 8.0.0, EMUI 8.0.0, DUK-AL20 8.0.0.341(C00)) can't locate in oruxmaps(v.7.2.12 and privious). Meantime the Honor V9 can locate in Tencent map immediately.

Also oruxmaps(v.7.2.11 and privious) stop to record even though the FUSED LOCATIONS PROVIDER have selected.

i have checked the followings:

--device is not in any power saving mode

--oruxmaps in in protected apps list

--oruxmaps can work after screen is locked (android settings--applications--oruxmaps--baterry

thanks!

orux

Quote from: afig post_id=13212 time=1523442440 user_id=6973
I have used oruxmaps for about 5 years, it is a great app that do many help for my outdoor activities. Now i find when indoor,with AGPS and WLAN, the Honor 4x mobile (android 4.4.4) can locate quickly in oruxmaps(v.7.1.4 Donate, v.7.2.12), but the Honor V9 mobile (android 8.0.0, EMUI 8.0.0, DUK-AL20 8.0.0.341(C00)) can't locate in oruxmaps(v.7.2.12 and privious). Meantime the Honor V9 can locate in Tencent map immediately.

Also oruxmaps(v.7.2.11 and privious) stop to record even though the FUSED LOCATIONS PROVIDER have selected.

i have checked the followings:

--device is not in any power saving mode

--oruxmaps in in protected apps list

--oruxmaps can work after screen is locked (android settings--applications--oruxmaps--baterry

thanks!

Hello;

I have a honor 7x with android 8.0.0, EMUI 8.0.0 working fine.

do it work fine outdoors?

what happens if you let the screen on?

orux

afig

it seems that agps (Assisted Global Positioning System) doesn't work for oruxmaps though the agps works well, so oruxmaps (oruxmaps 7.2.12 and its previous) can't locate in doors on honor v9 (android 8.0, emui 8.0), meanwhile oruxmaps (oruxmaps 7.2.12 and its previous) can locate on a honor 4x in doors. Also tencent map can locate in doors on honor v9.

oruxmaps can locate outdoors on honor v9, but it (v7.2.12) stopped to record even though the FUSED LOCATIONS PROVIDER have selected yesterday and i got a straight line.