Heading line, height above ground

Started by DeltaTango, June 10, 2018, 04:47:13 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

DeltaTango

Hello,

recently I discovered oruxmaps and thought to use this for air navigation. For this I have loaded the openflightmap and scanned the aip trafic pattern sheets. It works very well.

When approaching an airfield, the traffic pattern map is automatically loaded. It would be nice if in the background, the  openflightmap would be seen. At the moment there is a blank card deposited.

Another issue is that the red heading line is very weak to recognice - is there an option to make this line thicker?

Is there also the possibility to show the height above ground? I found only the height (gps) and the ground height (DEM).

https://bn1304files.storage.live.com/y4mApQb8BbmAoqczSX8PkhY36frXuX4UbkpBhxIXOkLwX4haaVWhipUpCFo-6FDWh6ilTazMitTMHSdLkh4e4VNShZ0P-Ou1KIh4pOa0w_2CkNzV2CfpXMQapZZQ2hbnzEGNDtbFbOpg7HKx3zV57UoItJpiBSa1S83GLRngFTAd9TXFleGSFVAviD95RqH18XEYHCUSjeLGLQdB181uIv-pQ/Orux.jpg?psid=1&width=1058&height=794">

Otherwise, I think that the app can be used very well for flight navigation  :)  Greetings Deltatango

Holton181

+1!

For the TMG line (heading line):

Global Settings - User Interface - track, routes... - TGM line (Xpx)

orux

Quote from: Holton181 post_id=13688 time=1528921704 user_id=1713
+1!

For the TMG line (heading line):

Global Settings - User Interface - track, routes... - TGM line (Xpx)

Added height above ground in last beta version.

Use with care!

orux

Holton181

Quote from: "orux"Added height above ground in last beta version.

Use with care!

orux

Indeed, not for precision Nap-On-Earth flying in zero visibility... ;-)

Thanks Orux!

DeltaTango

Hello,

the picture was not shown - I have corrected my first post  :D

The blue TMG Line i do not mean, I mean the red line that show the way to the aim.

I have compared the DEM altitude to the gps altitude during driving, they are really the same (+/- 20 feet). For flying that is enough accuracy. So when the height above ground = gps height - dem height, it should work  ;)

Thank you very much!

Greetings

Dirk