Feature requests: Track recording profiles; KML path information

Started by geo, August 27, 2018, 09:57:57 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

geo

The latest update to Locus Maps Pro wanted me to agree to privacy invasion so I uninstalled it.  I shall be relying entirely on OruxMaps at this point.  There are two features of Locus Maps Pro that I will immediately miss.

Define and quickly select track recording profiles.  When I am recording a track while driving I wish to use very different Minimum Time and Minimum Distance parameters than I do for hiking.  I want to be able to define "hiking" and "driving" profiles, then select these from the OruxMaps Widget when I start a track.

View KML track details.  I typically prepare a KML file with routes, trails, etc., and include important information such as difficulty in the <description> of each path.  I need a way to view these details from the KML overlay.  I would also like to be able to select a single path from the overlay and load it as a route.

orux

Quote from: geo post_id=14139 time=1535356677 user_id=7913
The latest update to Locus Maps Pro wanted me to agree to privacy invasion so I uninstalled it.  I shall be relying entirely on OruxMaps at this point.  There are two features of Locus Maps Pro that I will immediately miss.

Define and quickly select track recording profiles.  When I am recording a track while driving I wish to use very different Minimum Time and Minimum Distance parameters than I do for hiking.  I want to be able to define "hiking" and "driving" profiles, then select these from the OruxMaps Widget when I start a track.

View KML track details.  I typically prepare a KML file with routes, trails, etc., and include important information such as difficulty in the <description> of each path.  I need a way to view these details from the KML overlay.  I would also like to be able to select a single path from the overlay and load it as a route.

You already can define different profiles with different settings. But still not possible select them from the wigdet.

When you load a route in the map viewer, a 'starting point' wpt. is added, with the track description. but not one for each segment. I will check, because this information should be also available.

orux

geo

Quote from: orux post_id=14155 time=1535618380 user_id=2
You already can define different profiles with different settings. But still not possible select them from the wigdet.

Thank you.  I thought those profiles were for User Interface settings but I see they can do more.

Would you consider adding a selector to the widget as an option?

Quote from: orux post_id=14155 time=1535618380 user_id=2
When you load a route in the map viewer, a 'starting point' wpt. is added, with the track description. but not one for each segment. I will check, because this information should be also available.

I am not loading a route.  Rather I am using "Load KML/SHP Overylay."  I seek a way to read the <description> for each <LineString> path in the KML file.  Ideally I would also like to load a <LineString> as a route directly from the overlay.  Often my KML/KMZ files have dozens or hundreds of paths within them, making it impractical to use "Load KML/GPX file" on them.