Unable to project a Waypoint

Started by Explorer, November 08, 2018, 10:48:23 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Explorer

I am using the latest version 7.3.7 with custom vector Garmin.img maps and when I have the GPS on (Start GPS) and have it recording my track (Start Recording) I am unable to save/create a Waypoint anywhere in the map except for the location I am presently at; regardless of where I try to project the Waypoint it automatically creates the Waypoint at my current location.  

I can project a waypoint anywhere I want to as long as the GPS is off and I am not recording my track.  

Is this a bug or is this the way it is intended to work?  It would be nice to be able to save/create Waypoints where ever you wanted to, just by centering the map center symbol (cross-hairs) where you wanted to create the Waypoint even when the GPS is on and you are recording your track.

orux

Quote from: Explorer post_id=14487 time=1541713703 user_id=6450
I am using the latest version 7.3.7 with custom vector Garmin.img maps and when I have the GPS on (Start GPS) and have it recording my track (Start Recording) I am unable to save/create a Waypoint anywhere in the map except for the location I am presently at; regardless of where I try to project the Waypoint it automatically creates the Waypoint at my current location.  

I can project a waypoint anywhere I want to as long as the GPS is off and I am not recording my track.  

Is this a bug or is this the way it is intended to work?  It would be nice to be able to save/create Waypoints where ever you wanted to, just by centering the map center symbol (cross-hairs) where you wanted to create the Waypoint even when the GPS is on and you are recording your track.

Hello!

You can create a wpt wherever you want, with the GPS on, but first press the button to disable the automatic movement of the map by GPS (the button that has a hand icon).

The problem is that it is easy to move the map involuntarily, and create a Wpt out of the way. That's why it only works if done in the previous way.

orux

Explorer

Ok, thank you. That solved my problem.