Follow route/waypoint alarm bugs

Started by eartrumpet, October 10, 2018, 10:13:51 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

eartrumpet

Since some time "follow route" isn't working as expected anymore. It seems to me that sometimes the travel direction isn't precisely registered. It used to work fine with my device (BQ X5 Plus), but since some time it doesn't work as expected:

- for cycling, I generate a route in OruxMaps via BRouter

- this route has no turn instructions, so I add waypoints manually at important turns from the type list like "Left", "Right" etc.

- I import those into the generated route via waypoints database -> mark waypoints -> load in active route

- I follow this route, with activated waypoint alarm (switch on display, wpt voice message, max. 2 alarm warnings, 160m wpt. distance)

It used to work like this:

- I come close to a waypoint, at about 160-140m I get an alarm, about 80-60m I get the second one, WHEN I PASSED the waypoint, I only get alarms for upcoming waypoints

Now these things happen:

- I get the usual alarms as noted above, but if I don't pass the waypoint (pause/rest/traffic light etc.) every view seconds I get alarms until I continue cycling, if I pass the waypoint, I get alarms again for about 80m and 160m as if I was getting closer to the waypoint (but of course I'm getting farther away.

Maybe this is connected:

- While hiking, I don't use alarms, I just switch on my smartphone when I need directions; sometimes it happens that the target distance on the dashboard seem reversed, see attached screenshots; while I was only 300m away from the target, suddenly it showed 3,24km; 3 minutes later, it was alright again, 0,22km left.

The latter is a minor disturbance, but the never stopping or reverse travelling alarms are really annoying.

Version is always the latest Donate, 7.3.7 for now.

BTW, why aren't BRouter turn instructions imported? These are generated by BRouter, and other apps can handle this (okay, this should go into the "new feature" section).

Thanks for looking into this,

Tobias

https://ibb.co/k2m9Tp">https://ibb.co/mUydM9">

eartrumpet

I'm still having these issues - can you have a look at it, Orux?