Route / track problems (bug?)

Started by GPSuser, January 02, 2019, 09:07:32 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

GPSuser

I am a long time OruxMaps user and generally very happy with the software but one issue I still have is with tracks and routes.

My understanding is that the difference between a track and a route is that the route is read-only and therefore not editable. Yet, I regularly accidentally manage to unrecoverable mess up my waypoint files.

To give an example:

If I load a gpx file and chosen "follow/see as route", or "load as map overlay", I still am able to move the waypoints around in the map, and the original waypoint list is irrecoverably altered. This really is a disaster if one relies on waypoints being locked in place. It also is a safety concern when one relies on finding a specific location (camp ground, water source, whatever).

What I think is badly needed is an option to permanently lock sets of waypoints and routes. The distinction between how the set of features is loaded is much too fragile IMO. As described above, unless I missed something, it also does not work as described as loading them as route or overlay does not protect them from editing.

BTW, I am curently using OruxMaps 7.0.2.