Recorded track photo way-point not connecting to their pictures

Started by ATG01, January 28, 2020, 09:29:08 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ATG01

I am running Orux (7.4.22) on several devices, Tablet, Galaxy S5, S7 & S10. I keep a backup of my Oruxmpas directory on my PC. And this may be my problem, but I wanted to post her in case there is a simple fix.

When I install Oruxmaps on a new device I copy my backed up oruxmaps folders over the fresh install so I have all my maps, tracks and way-points on my new device. It all seems to be working fine. However, I noticed that some of my old tracks that I recorded back in 2015 that had photo way-points, the photo will no longer open when clicking on the way-point. The picture is still in the pictures folder on the device, but when I try to open it by tapping on the way-point in the track then on the picture icon, noting happens.

There is also no error. Simply nothing happens when I click the photo link to open the picture.

I can create new photo way-points and they seem to work fine. Just some of my old ones are not working. Is there someway for me to reconnect the old photo way points back to the pictures?

I have also conformed that this is the case on all the devices I use. The newer tracks photo way points work fine but some of the old ones do not.

Any help you can provide is greatly appreciated.

I love the app. It's my go to for backpacking and kayaking. I've shared it with many people.

Thanks
Andy

orux

Quote from: ATG01 on January 28, 2020, 09:29:08 PM
I am running Orux (7.4.22) on several devices, Tablet, Galaxy S5, S7 & S10. I keep a backup of my Oruxmpas directory on my PC. And this may be my problem, but I wanted to post her in case there is a simple fix.

When I install Oruxmaps on a new device I copy my backed up oruxmaps folders over the fresh install so I have all my maps, tracks and way-points on my new device. It all seems to be working fine. However, I noticed that some of my old tracks that I recorded back in 2015 that had photo way-points, the photo will no longer open when clicking on the way-point. The picture is still in the pictures folder on the device, but when I try to open it by tapping on the way-point in the track then on the picture icon, noting happens.

There is also no error. Simply nothing happens when I click the photo link to open the picture.

I can create new photo way-points and they seem to work fine. Just some of my old ones are not working. Is there someway for me to reconnect the old photo way points back to the pictures?

I have also conformed that this is the case on all the devices I use. The newer tracks photo way points work fine but some of the old ones do not.

Any help you can provide is greatly appreciated.

I love the app. It's my go to for backpacking and kayaking. I've shared it with many people.

Thanks
Andy

Hello!

The problem is that the app saves the path to the file in the database, and when you move the folders from a folder to another, the app can not find the pictures.
Each manufacturer use a different name for the folders, it is not easy to find a solution.
But if you send me your oruxmapstracks.db file, I can do a massive change to the paths in the database. oruxuro@gmail.com

orux

Kenta

I have the same problem. I had a free version of Oruxmaps. After I bought the GP version, I uninstalled the free version. And after that, I no longer see the photo of the Photo waypoint. Please, help. Huawei P30 Pro

inonah

Helo

I have a same problem.
The file path is correct (in gpx file), but the app notice "unable to find item"