Lost waypoints/geocaches

Started by jonny-blue, November 17, 2013, 05:11:12 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

orux

Quote from: "orux"
Quote from: "jonny-blue"
QuoteBut not it you are not 'using' the geocaches/wpts...

OK, normaly I just display the existing geocaches on the map and when I'm near one of them I use the "geocache" function for this choosen cache.

But after switching to some other apps and running OM in background ... all the caches (waypoints) disappears (even the one marked).

How do you load the geocaches to the mapviewer? from the caches list or from files (gpx/kml/kmz)?

I'm trying, and if force closing the application, then open it (using the latest beta) loaded wpts remain displayed.

orux

Forget my question, I have found where the problem is, I hope it works in the next version.

orux

orux

Quote from: "febs"I meant "as a service", and, be able to do so even if not recording a track. Thanks!

Sent from my RunboX5-W using Tapatalk

Hi, febs;

If you are recording a track, oruxmaps becomes a service, but it has no sense if you are not using the app.

Android should restore the app like you left it.

Oruxmaps did not restore the session to a complete state, because in the past this could be due to a lack of resources, but from now on I hope the recovery will be complete.

orux

febs

I think it would make sense anyways. For instance, every time I return to oruxmaps it starts searching for the gps fix. If it were running as a service it could keep it! Now the only way for me to keep the coordinates up to date is keeping to record tracks, and then delete them.

Cheers!

:-)

Maki

That's true. As a workaround you can keep the GPS alive with the GPS status app. I don't remember if you have to activate it, or if it's on by default.

eartrumpet

I also think an option to keep Orux as alive as in recording a track with just GPS activited is really valuable.

For example if you don't have a GPS fix and put your phone in your pocket to wait for it with screen off (and vibration lets you know it has one).

Thanks for your efforts!

febs

Perhaps it would make sense not to read the coordinates very often when using such a mode, as when you are actually recording a track and you don't want to miss any point. Just enough for not having to wait 30 long, I finished seconds every time you switch back to the app to check it.

jonny-blue

Quote I hope it works in the next version ...

Hi Orux,

just tried it (indoor  :roll: ) with the new beta ... and it really seems to work.  8-)

(Hope it will do so tomorrow (outdoor  :) ))

Many thanks from an enthusiastic OruxMaps-Fan ...  :D

febs

I just opened it, big idea to recommend Openandromaps on the first run!