Getting rid of the red line from the center...?

Started by Torgut, September 24, 2014, 07:34:37 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Torgut

Hi there... I was wondering if there is a way to get rid of the red line from the center of the screen to what I believe is the destination point, like it's visible in this screenshot I found in your foruns:

http://imageshack.us/a/img24/4430/picsay1369905598.jpg">http://imageshack.us/a/img24/4430/picsay1369905598.jpg

jonny-blue

Ohhh  :o .... nice picture.  8-)

Just like a "déjà-vu" ...  :D

panda

Menu/Settings/user interface/misc/line to last pos

Torgut

Panda, thanks for your effort, but after unchecking that option the red line is still there. :-(

Torgut

I thought I could make it go away if I canceled the "go to" I had active... but can't find a way to cancel it either. All right... I decided to delete all geocaches from the database... if the geocache goes, perhaps the go to goes, right? No. I deleted all the geocaches, but to my surprise they just... stayed. Not in the database, but in the map. So now I have two different things to get rid of: the red line and the geocaches in the map.

panda

Quote from: "Torgut"I thought I could make it go away if I canceled the "go to" I had active... but can't find a way to cancel it either. All right... I decided to delete all geocaches from the database... if the geocache goes, perhaps the go to goes, right? No. I deleted all the geocaches, but to my surprise they just... stayed. Not in the database, but in the map. So now I have two different things to get rid of: the red line and the geocaches in the map.

OK, I misunderstood things, I thought the green line I see on my screen is same than your red line.

Now I found out: the red line means you are in Waypoint/Caching mode.

try the following:

routes/stop caching (or stop WP nav.)

tracks/remove

routes/remove

Torgut

Hummm restarting the app made the trick after I removed those geocaches. But I will try your sequence for the future situations. I am going to Cuba where I can't bring my dedicated handheld Oregon, so it's very important that I master whatever app I chose to bring in the smartphone.