ANT+ keeps losing connection during the last couple weeks

Started by coopso, March 10, 2014, 11:45:30 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

coopso

Delighted with my oruxmaps for more than a year now, but for the last 2 or 3 weeks maybe I have had problems with my ANT+ HRM. Although my combined speed and cadence sensor is fine, my HRM is not working far more times than it is working. All seems fine in ipsensor man, obviously I have tried rebooting, deleting the sensor and recreating, uninstalling the app, changing the battery etc. Wondering if there is a recent bug. Would like to try an earlier version if I can fidn it. Will come back with results.

Sony xperia z1 stock ROM. Garmin soft strap HRM.

Sent from my TouchPad using Tapatalk

oytu

Follow up on my first post. I did some more testing, and here are the results.

Orux lose connection with the ANT device immediately when not in recording mode, and the main map window gets out of focus. The drop menus are the exception, they don't break the connection. But you'll break the connection when you enter the full settings menu in Orux. The same happens if you open any other app in front of Orux.

Even after you manually stop ANT manually in drop menu, it's normally not possible to start it again without rebooting the phone or wait a very long time.

I installed a terminal app on my phone and started the "antradio_app" from command line. If I push R for reset, or K for hard reset, then switch back to Orux, I'm able to get a new ANT connection again. I thought that I could automate this with Tasker, but i can't find a way to pass the R or K to the app. It doesn't accept any command line arguments directly. "echo "R"|antradio_app" doesn't work either.

So maybe the developer can look into this?

Thanks in advance

oytu

I just upgraded to Android 4.4 on Xperia Z1. All problems are gone. (I think you have to upgrade via PC)

When you switch back to Orux, it says ANT+ ready immediately, and HRM is updating.