Waypoints close together

Started by goosiebn, March 24, 2014, 01:59:02 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

goosiebn

I'm finding when planning a cycle route, I import a GPX, load it as a track and set about adding Waypoints to it with simple navigation instructions 'Left' 'Right' '3rd exit', etc.

What I'm finding is with Waypoints close together I don't get the second instruction, and miss the turn, until I am well past that Waypoint.

I have Waypoint Distance set to 160m and Max Wpt. alarm warning set to 2.

I think this is because when I reach and go past the first Waypoint, the position of the second may be within the 160m and OruxMaps hasn't moved onto the next waypoint?  Therefore I think I only get the second Waypoint's notification when I've moved past the first Waypoint by 160m (and past the second somewhat).

I find this particularly in villages, where there'll be a main road to join, then leave again- a left then a right.

Is it possible for OruxMaps to move onto the next Waypoint after these 2 alarms so I can get the next Waypoint's notification?  And/or/maybe can there be a way of visually seeing the 160m range of a Waypoint when I'm placing them, so I can space the Waypoints better, so the second is a good distance outside the first's navigation boundary, or alternatively, name the first so it includes both pieces of information?

Maybe this current setup will also be adversely affecting any downloaded navigation, where the navigation tool would be likely to place two Waypointed instructions close together.

Cheers.

orux

Quote from: "goosiebn"I'm finding when planning a cycle route, I import a GPX, load it as a track and set about adding Waypoints to it with simple navigation instructions 'Left' 'Right' '3rd exit', etc.

What I'm finding is with Waypoints close together I don't get the second instruction, and miss the turn, until I am well past that Waypoint.

I have Waypoint Distance set to 160m and Max Wpt. alarm warning set to 2.

I think this is because when I reach and go past the first Waypoint, the position of the second may be within the 160m and OruxMaps hasn't moved onto the next waypoint?  Therefore I think I only get the second Waypoint's notification when I've moved past the first Waypoint by 160m (and past the second somewhat).

I find this particularly in villages, where there'll be a main road to join, then leave again- a left then a right.

Is it possible for OruxMaps to move onto the next Waypoint after these 2 alarms so I can get the next Waypoint's notification?  And/or/maybe can there be a way of visually seeing the 160m range of a Waypoint when I'm placing them, so I can space the Waypoints better, so the second is a good distance outside the first's navigation boundary, or alternatively, name the first so it includes both pieces of information?

Maybe this current setup will also be adversely affecting any downloaded navigation, where the navigation tool would be likely to place two Waypointed instructions close together.

Cheers.

Hi,

what do you do 'follow the route' or 'navigation by waypoints'?

orux

goosiebn

Route follow

goosiebn

Also, I don't see a way of re-ordering waypoints so waypoint navigation progresses to the correct next waypoint.

Typically I plan a route on Ride With GPS for a bike ride, getting on for 100 miles, dowload the GPX including directions as waypoints, then alter, remove and add waypoints for directions as necessary.

I've now had a look at Waypoint Navigation, but as far as I can tell, pressing Next Waypoint doesn't reliably work, because of all the editing I've done.